People at nudist resorts not being naked

My wife and I went to a local resort over the weekend and noticed a lot of the people there are staying dressed. In going to these places we spend a premium to be naked but feel uncomfortable being the only naked people in attendance. Even at the Saturday night dance which was supposed to be a pre- New Years dance.. not one person there was naked. Everyone was fully dressed and there must of been at least 75 people in the place.
As a matter of fact my wife and I stayed dressed for most of the evening until i basically said to myself tha tsomeone has to start it. After I made the first move there were about 3 or 4 people who joined in but for the most part it was an uncomfortable feeling being the few naked people in a resort that's existence is based on people enjoying nude time together.
I certainly don't blame the resort as they promoted nudism to everyone but they, of course cannot force it. Altho it is forced in the pool and hot tub areas and I really don't think it should be enforced everywhere but I find it amazing that people pay the prices there to be naked yet when someone does get naked they feel uncomfortable around a crowd of people where everyone is dressed.
So, I was wondering thoughts about why people pay a premium to attend a nudist resort yet remain dressed the entire time.

This topic was edited
RE: People at nudist resorts not being naked

Why do people go to a nudist site and post a picture of themselves fully dressed?

This post was edited

The whole idea of going to a nudist resort is to be nude. If you're not going to be nude, why bother going? One time at a resort the weather changed and it got so cold and windy that I had to put my clothes on. With this being the case, I went home.

This post was edited

Why do people go to a nudist site and post a picture of themselves fully dressed?I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that question was asked tongue in cheek.

This post was edited

I actually wish more resorts and campgrounds allowed clothing optional in more areas. my wife is not a nudist but I am. There are very few places we can both enjoy. she enjoys the pool more 5 Han I but is restricted from indulging because she can't leave a suit on at most facilities.

This post was edited

Dan/Janette is not a nudist, just enjoys looking at them.

This post was edited

The thing that bothers me most about people being dressed at a nudist resort is when the resort owners are never nude. These people are making their living by promoting the nudist life style but don't think that it applies to them. When I go into the resort office I expect to be greeted by someone who is nude, or in the case of a woman, topless at least. Am I wrong in thinking this way?

This post was edited

The workers in the front office greet the mail MAN, the UPS MAN, the FedEx MAN, the telephone repairMAN, etcMAN, and every pervert that wanders in.

This post was edited

The workers in the front office greet the mail MAN, the UPS MAN, the FedEx MAN, the telephone repairMAN, etcMAN, and every pervert that wanders in.Yes they do greet these people but there are oftenguests who are nude in the office also. Often the UPS, FedEx, cable guys and others are directed to the residences of the permanent residents. I still believe that if someone is promoting nudism, they should be nude at the resort. It's like going to a Ford dealership and the salesman is driving a Chevy. It's not going to happen. He'll be driving a Ford.

This post was edited

The thing that bothers me most about people being dressed at a nudist resort is when the resort owners are never nude. These people are making their living by promoting the nudist life style but don't think that it applies to them. When I go into the resort office I expect to be greeted by someone who is nude, or in the case of a woman, topless at least. Am I wrong in thinking this way?I've only visited a couple of clubs where the "front office" was actually inside the gates of the nudist club/resort. In those instances, the staff was nude, mostly nude or the female workers were topless. I talked with one female resort manager about this, at our club, and questioned the lack of nudity by the office staff, that were nudists and working at a nude resort. I will expand the conversation and leave out the sarcasm, as someone else has not, to answer your question as to why there are not more nude workers in the front offices of nude clubs and resorts.
It is correct, the office staff comes into contact with various representatives from the outside, UPS, FedEx, USPS, bottled water delivery, city government people, county government people, ... lots of people that are not accustomed to encountering "naked people" on their daily routes of work and business. It was explained that it was easier for office staff to cover themselves as minimally as possible to be comfortable but not naked to either embarrass or upset anyone that may be embarrassed or offended.
Because those few offices that were located inside the gates of the nudist community we far enough inside that those visiting would certainly be exposed to nudity prior to getting to the office, the office staff saw no reason to be completely dressed or covered. According to the female managers I'd spoken to on this topic, it was just easier to remain covered while working and better for business to not expose nudity to those that may have a negative reaction to it. "We remain good neighbors so they also remain good neighbors." Seemed simple and rational.
With regards to residents being in the office and being naked while these people from the outside visit the clubs and resorts, it's highly likely that they have encountered many naked people on the grounds before entering the office and while in the office. It's still the office staff's feeling that "they" remain professional and not force their nudity on those that are there to conduct business. It may not make much sense to nudists that feel the desire to expose all those that visit our environment to that environment but not all of us think or act alike and that's a good thing.

This post was edited

The workers in the front office greet the mail MAN, the UPS MAN, the FedEx MAN, the telephone repairMAN, etcMAN, and every pervert that wanders in.Yes they do greet these people but there are oftenguests who are nude in the office also. Often the UPS, FedEx, cable guys and others are directed to the residences of the permanent residents. I still believe that if someone is promoting nudism, they should be nude at the resort. It's like going to a Ford dealership and the salesman is driving a Chevy. It's not going to happen. He'll be driving a Ford.Unless you are a woman working at a nudist resort, as my ex was, you have no idea how much crap they have to put up with from drop ins and/or the creeps on the phone. Before you criticize get behind the desk and greet the public..

This post was edited