NUDE HIKING IN CENTRAL FLORIDA

I will be moving to Lake Mary in mid September. I have heard of nude hiking in the Ocala National Forest. Does anyone know if there is ever nude hiking in the large preserve area which includes the Lake Wakeeva River Preserve State Park just west of De Bary? This area is much closer to me than the Ocala National Forest.
Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Peter

This topic was edited
RE: NUDE HIKING IN CENTRAL FLORIDA

I will be moving to Lake Mary in mid September. I have heard of nude hiking in the Ocala National Forest. Does anyone know if there is ever nude hiking in the large preserve area which includes the Lake Wakeeva River Preserve State Park just west of De Bary? This area is much closer to me than the Ocala National Forest.Any information would be greatly appreciated. PeterI assume you mean Lower Wekiva River Preserve State Park. I have hiked the area when it first opened in the 1980s and those hikes were nude. A lot more people are aware of the area, and Central Florida has become much more populated since the 1980s, so I suspect with the park's proximity to Orlando nude hiking is a lot more problematic.
I would ONLY try it during the warm, humid months when 99% of Florida's hikers stay indoors. I would also stay away from weekends or holidays.
The extra drive to the Ocala Forest is worth it in my book. My website has some info on hiking there, and other areas in Central Florida.
https://campingbare.no-ip.biz/bmaps.htm

This post was edited

Thanks for the link about the Ocala Forest. I will definitely check that place out.

This post was edited

I looked up the Juniper Prairie Wilderness on the map. It is inland in the National Forest. Where did you park to get there? That place indeed is very remote. I did not see any parking space on Route 19. The Juniper Springs Recreation Area is directly off Route 40 in another place. Could you give me some general directions since I will have to learn that area?

This post was edited

(From https://floridahikes.com/florida-trail-pats-island-to-hidden-pond)
From the intersection of SR 40 and SR 19 in the Ocala National Forest
(34 miles west of Interstate 95 and 37 miles east of Interstate 75),
drive north 6.2 miles, passing the Juniper Wayside and then a few miles
later, the entrances to Silver Glen Springs and the Yearling Trail.
Youll see a Pats Island Trailhead sign directing you to the left
onto FR 46. Follow this single-lane forest road its a little rugged,
but passable by passenger vehicles for 2 miles. A sign directs you
into the trailhead on the right..
Hope that helps. I wouldn't leave valuables in the car for any length of time at any of the parking areas in the forest.

This post was edited

Thanks it is very helpful. From where I live I would be taking route 15 to 40 and then north on 19. Where I live will be 35 miles straigt on I4 from Daytona Beach. Would this place be further in distance? I assume that if I left to arrive there at sunrise I would not encounter much traffic.

This post was edited

Thanks for the tip. I will consider going there next May since I am moving in late September and will be busy for a while. When is the hunting season for deer? I read that nude hikers could be taken for deer.

This post was edited

Hunting season varies from year to year. https://myfwc.com/media/2147435/seasondates.pdf
Hope the link helps.

This post was edited

Yes, have done nude hiking/camping in this area during the summer and rarely encounter anyone except for around the Hidden Pond area. You can go on the back side of the pond (the side opposite of where the FL Trail runs beside the spring) and there are some nice camping areas there. I always keep my shorts handy to slip on just in case and don't get nude until I cross south of the Yearling Trail.

This post was edited

I am curious if the best time to go is in the summer at the hottest part of the day from 12 noon to 3 PM as someone else told me. Were you able to enjoy the hike without looking as red as a lobster afterwards? Is there any spray sun lotion better than the creams because on always misses places with the creams.

This post was edited