Photos

Hi everyone.I have just joined this group and wonder how to transfer photos from my profile to this group. Is it possible? I can't use the originals because I no longer have them. The memory card died which they were on.
RegardsMartin

This topic was edited
RE: Photos

You might be able to download them from your profile, or take a screenshot, and then upload them to the group. It is no longer possible to copy them across.

This post was edited

Thank you. I will try that. Cannot wait for warmer weather so I can get some newer photos.

This post was edited

A salutary reminder to everybody that you have not got a copy of anything until you have at least two INDEPENDENT copies - i.e. on different memory cards on different hard disks, etc.

This post was edited

I don't want to come across as doubting you when you say the SD card died, but have you confirmed this is the case?
It may still be possible to recover files from seemingly dead hard drives, USB sticks, data cards etc. As long as the card or drive has not been truly wiped or formatted it is often possible to find old files,, it may be worth trying the free Recuva program - https://www.piriform.com/recuva
That is fairly straightforward to use and reliable. There is other free recovery software available, a search on somewhere like softpedia.com, rather than the spyware installing cnet/download.com will show alternatives for file recovery programs.

This post was edited

Alternatively, for non-techies, you can take it to a local PC expert nd get a professional opinion.Go to a small local place of good repute, NOT one of the big chains who mostly have sales monkeys in technical advice.

This post was edited

A salutary reminder to everybody that you have not got a copy of anything until you have at least two INDEPENDENT copies - i.e. on different memory cards on different hard disks, etc.This reminds me of when I had my camera and a few other things stolen on-route from a nudist holiday. Fortunately I'd sharedall my photoswith a friend, copying them onto his laptop before setting off. So I got all my photos back. BTW I wonder what the thieves made of the photos when they looked at the camera. Now I always have two copies of every photo - one on my camera's memory card and one in my computer.

This post was edited

Hi everyone.I have just joined this group and wonder how to transfer photos from my profile to this group. Is it possible? I can't use the originals because I no longer have them. The memory card died which they were on.RegardsMartinThat is why you should always back up your computer files.

This post was edited

Hi everyone.I have just joined this group and wonder how to transfer photos from my profile to this group. Is it possible? I can't use the originals because I no longer have them. The memory card died which they were on.RegardsMartinThat is why you should always back up your computer files.
But NOT from the C: drive to the D: drive as that is usually simply a different part of the same hard disc so you may lost both if it gets corrupted.

This post was edited

Hi everyone.I have just joined this group andwonder how to transfer photos from my profile to this group. Is itpossible? I can't use the originals because I no longer have them.The memory card died which they were on.RegardsMartin
That is why you should always back up your computer
files.

But NOT from the C: drive to the D: drive as that is usually simply
a different part of the same hard disc so you may lost both if it
gets corrupted.
Hi, sorry but not necessarily... it all depends on whether you have A:
partitioned your HD (then yes c & d would be on the same physical
drive unit) or B you have two or more physical HDs in your computer (then each unit would have its own letter)

This post was edited