hypocritical

Have i , after all these years, suddenly forgotten the meaning of this word.
Best i last remember,
the word hypocrisy had something to do with saying one thing and doing another.
for example, if i said to you "you shouldn't behave that way' then did it myself, that would be hypocrisy.
Then why is the media so excited when a couple of guy say one thing and deliver another.
Especially when the people that they were hurting were the little people, the little businesses, the concert promoters.
It is said that "prejudice distorts perception"
It does appear that The Boss is prejudice and not protective

This topic was edited
RE: hypocritical

Sorry I missed understanding the second part of the discussion. Can you clarify? Or has it something to do with USA politics. If so would love to get clarity as we Aussies are fascinated and worriedwith the 'goings on' in the USA at this time.

This post was edited

We All Say one thing and do something Else!

This post was edited

In USA politics, hypocrisy goes on all the time.

This post was edited

I'm very confused, too. Maybe a concise explanation instead of vague accusations?
Just state what's bothering you

This post was edited

What is the context of the question in regards to Christianity?

This post was edited

You have all heard this story
Lets say that David and Beth want to open a cakery. Its a free country to make or loose money. Business profile seems like it should work so they open heir door. they pay their rent. they pay their hydro. they pay their phone. they pay their water etc etc etc.
One day they get a phone call from a customer named Adam to sell a cake. they take down the cake details. they get the date it is to be prepared by. but the phone reception was poor and they weren't sure of the detail. but a cake is a cake.
but in a follow up phone call they come to find that the cake was not a cake for a birthday reception but a wedding reception. and the cake wasn't for Adam and Eve but Adam and Steve.
when David and Beth get talking about they aren't sure what to do. so they ask their pastor Jimmy Lovejoy. and Jimmy is all for the capitalistic system. He feels they should sell the cake and donate a bigger tithe to cover any guilt.
they look it up in scripture and the bible says something about fear God before man
They choose to fear God first. And since it is a capitalistic economy they have the right to choose to loose money.
Now Adam and Steve want to sue them for discrimination and a box of extra creamy cupcakes.
David and Beth are seen as the big bad people cause they are the majority.
But are they.
they are just a couple living in a town somewhere.
They haven't got the money of the GLTG law society backing them up.
They are in the real minority
This is what and who the law is to protect.
Bruce Springstein comes into town and cancels his show.
Bruce is a guy that climbed the charts by singing about little people with little jobs but big dreams
Now he is supporting the side that wants to crush dream just cause.
What if the dream of those little guys was to see Bruce one more time but in his home town
What of all those little people that gave up the night at work
What of all those little restraunts that brought in extra food for the concert goers
What of those waitress that were looking forward to the extra tips from the extra business
what of those little motels that would have had extra guests.
What of the multiplier effect of that concert being held
this guy that sings about as a champion of the little guys just walked all over a lot of little guys.
that is hyprocisy
If he really wanted to champion the cause of the gays why not hold a free concert for them the next morning

This post was edited

OK. That concert is the big story
The under side of the story is more comic book in nature
The real question is more like an X-Men movie What side do you support?
You support the Men or you support the Mutants?
Or in this case,
You support the Christians or you support the Surgically Altered?
How long before our society comes to that point and it would appear the gays are winning

This post was edited

I think I now have the jist of the issue. We did not hear about the concert and that it was cancelled. I am not sure that I agree that it was a hypocritical of Bruce and his advisors. Sometimes, one has to stand on principal. If Bruce made the decision based on new laws which he disagrees with, then he has every right not to proceed. If he did proceed withthe concert, he would definitely have been a hypocrite. The little people have the legislators to blame not Bruce?

This post was edited