Virginia nudity laws

The state nudity laws in Virginia are terrible, but has there been any recent activity towards loosening any of them? At least some nude beaches? At the very least, I would love to go outside onto my one acre property without fear of having a sex crime.

This topic was edited
RE: Virginia nudity laws

The state nudity laws in Virginia are terrible, but has there been any recent activity towards loosening any of them? At least some nude beaches? At the very least, I would love to go outside onto my one acre property without fear of having a sex crime.There was a case from Northern Virginia a couple years ago where a woman complained because she saw a nude man in his house by looking through his window. The court ruled that no crime was committed. Being naked on your own acre of land should be fine so long as you are not harassing neighbors or acting in some sort of lewd manner. As for the beach, I live on the coast and don't know of anywhere down here where you could reasonably be naked on the beach. Maybe up in Assateague but even then you have to be careful.

This post was edited

The state nudity laws in Virginia are terrible, but has there been any recent activity towards loosening any of them? At least some nude beaches? At the very least, I would love to go outside onto my one acre property without fear of having a sex crime.There was a case from Northern Virginia a couple years ago where a woman complained because she saw a nude man in his house by looking through his window. The court ruled that no crime was committed. Being naked on your own acre of land should be fine so long as you are not harassing neighbors or acting in some sort of lewd manner. As for the beach, I live on the coast and don't know of anywhere down here where you could reasonably be naked on the beach. Maybe up in Assateague but even then you have to be careful.Thank you for the reply. Now that you mention it, I want to say that I think I recall hearing something about this, but I didn't know the outcome. I do try my best to be mindful of the neighbors, but it's hard to say if they would ever try to report me because they just happened to see me. I do have one side door that has a full length window, so it's possible one neighbor might see me in the evening. I'm not attempting to parade around at any time for their benefit, but I do feel that I should be able move about within my home within my home without feeling the need to put on clothing Ex. go from the living room (TV) to kitchen for food or drink.
Around my inground pool, I do have a tall privacy fence and it enables me to be somewhat free, and I do attempt to ensure that a few places of access are locked, but I guess it might be entirely possible I could forget. I would hate to be convicted of a sex exposure crime. Again, I'm not attempting to bother any neighbors, but I do feel that I should be able to live my lifestyle
I do wonder at times whether there are any attempts by any folks/groups towards legalizing any Virginia beaches or parks, and perhaps more freedoms around one's home, so I was hoping someone might be aware of any pending attempts towards various nudity law changes, within Virginia.

This post was edited

If you are in the back yard with the privacy fence you will be fine. You would not be able to go in the front yard nude. Basically the way the law reads is if the area is visible in the eyes of the public you would not be allowed to go nude. For inside the house as long as you have curtains you will be fine, and even if you don't as long as you are not trying to do it for any sexual manner of going around inside the house nude, you will be fine.

This post was edited

I've been looking for local nude beaches for quite some time too. Assateague is hit or miss. Sometimes you can be nude a few hours, other times you can't be nude at all. They do patrol and sometimes textiles do walk far enough north to the empty beach where nudists go. You have to be so careful that it's almost not worth it. Further South, there are a few secluded stretches of beach along the OBX where you can get away with relaxing nude all day. Other than that, it's Gunnison or Florida as far as I know. There are some smaller "beaches" in the area if you're a hiker. I've found a local waterhole that I chill nude at, but its not the easiest to get to. And there's Texas beach in Richmond, but it's not my type of crowd.

This post was edited

Where is Texas beach? I have heard it is along the James but that's is it. What type of crowd is it? are they not nudists?

This post was edited

I do wonder at times whether there are any attempts byany folks/groups towards legalizing any Virginia beaches or parks,and perhaps more freedoms around one's home, so I was hopingsomeone might be aware of any pending attempts towards variousnudity law changes, within Virginia.

I am trying to figure out how to begin working with either Norfolk
or Virginia Beach on this issue. I am a resident of Norfolk so I
don't know what pull I'd have in Virginia Beach. That being said,
there are parts of southern Sandbridge that would be great for
clothing optional recreation. There's also the False Cape State
Park so maybe it's a matter of working with the Commonwealth.
Anyway, this is the very, very early stage of figuring things out.
I'd welcome help.

This post was edited

White Tail Resort is located in Ivor, VA, and is Virginia's ONLY nudist resort. You will probably never see a beach here that is listed as a nude beach, nor one where clothing will ever be optional. The city of Virginia Beach tried (unsuccessfully) to ban women from wearing bikini's on Va Beach. Check out White Tail Resort if you are looking for social nudism in VA. They are a wonderful group of people, and the resort is beautiful. 45 miles west of Norfolk/Va Beach line.

This post was edited

White Tail Resort is located in Ivor, VA, and is Virginia's ONLY nudist resort. You will probably never see a beach here that is listed as a nude beach, nor one where clothing will ever be optional. The city of Virginia Beach tried (unsuccessfully) to ban women from wearing bikini's on Va Beach. Check out White Tail Resort if you are looking for social nudism in VA. They are a wonderful group of people, and the resort is beautiful. 45 miles west of Norfolk/Va Beach line.Joe-n-Shell, join the cause. Haha. Maybe we can get a clothing optional spot if we really bug the s**t out of the city. :-)

This post was edited

Agree with Joe here. Legalization is a long shot for the Commonwealth. But Whitetail is a great alternative. No beach, but awesome people and facilities!

This post was edited

Couldn't tell you where exactly-I've only talked to other traditional nudists that have been. Your mileage may vary on any given day, and you may be able to find a quiet spot just to be naked alone, but just be aware that it also has a reputation as a drug and hookup spot. I wouldn't recommend it from what I've heard.

This post was edited