The time I broke my hip

In May, 2005 I was enjoying my last month of teaching high school English. Little did I know that Mother's Day would see my 27 years of teaching would come to a crashing end. I fell and broke my right hip. In the hospital surgery was done to set the right hip bone back into place with a steel rod for strength. I remained in the hospital for just over a month before being transferred to a rehabilitation center where I would learn to walk again. Often when the physical therapist entered the room he would help me to get dressed because even there I slept nude. My stay at the rehab center lasted for over a month until I was discharged to go home with my wife who hadmarried me just a few months earlier. Needless to say the staff (nurses, doctors, CNAs, aides and others) often saw me nude because I refused to wear their stupid gown. My being naked did not bother them at all; they soon accepted it and one nurse even told me that there wereother patients who lived nude like me. Now I am fully retired.

This topic was edited
RE: The time I broke my hip

When I was 20 I was in a car accident and broke my neck, they
took a bone from my hip and put it in my neck I spent almost 3
weeks in the hospital only wearing the gown with the nurses at
every shift checking my stiches , at first they were shy about it
only pulling my gown back a bit but after a day or so they pulled
back the gown showing all . When it was time to go home the doctor
did not want to see me for 10 days but did not want me running
around told my parents restrict my clothing wearing jeans or
anything so my stitches would heal my mom bought me a short robe
to wear , it was end of July and hot it would never
stay closed and even when I was just watching tv 2-3 days
passed when kmy mom told me when I was having breakfast the
robe was not doing much good I could go with out inside the house
it was ok by her but keep it near incase someone comes to the house

This post was edited

Way back in 1977, I was in a bad car wreck and spent several weeks in a hospital in Memphis. I was 16, but only wore the hospital johnney. A couple of the nurses wanted me to wear pajamas, but I didn't. If they could only see me now!

This post was edited

I've have not, thankfully, broken any bones but have gone into the hospital for several procedures where I was asked to strip completely or down to underwear. Since I don't wear underwear, I'm naked under the gown they hand me. For a few procedures, I had male and female medical techs performing the tests or procedures. I once had a young male medical tech that came to get me after he'd given me a gown and asked me to take off my clothes and put on the gown. I did as instructed and when he returned he was a little upset because I was naked under the gown and he had to give me another gown, since only one didn't cover me completely. He was still kinda bugged by it until I confronted him about it. His explanation made no sense at all and I finally said ... "I'd prefer to have another tech do this test/procedure. I'm not comfortable with you're inability as a medical technician to look past my simple nudity and do this test correctly."
He left in a huff. About 10 minutes later a young female tech entered the room, introduced herself to me, retook my vitals and then asked me to follower her into the procedure room. I needed a stool to get up on the procedure bed and in doing so, probably exposed myself to her but she never flinched! She stood there and offered her assistance to help me up on the bed. She then straightened my gowns and asked if I was comfortable and we began the procedure.
I thanked her for taking over and told her I appreciated her acting profession and mature toward patients, medical procedures where you might encounter nudity and handling it that with maturity. She thanked me for the kind words and said ... "I'm not sure where we get some of these people that have such a problem with nudity ... especially with our mature adults." I took that as ... the previous tech, the male, would have been okay with meif I had been a female in her early 20's! hahahahaha

This post was edited

I've have not, thankfully, broken any bones but have gone into the hospital for several procedures where I was asked to strip completely or down to underwear. Since I don't wear underwear, I'm naked under the gown they hand me. For a few procedures, I had male and female medical techs performing the tests or procedures. I once had a young male medical tech that came to get me after he'd given me a gown and asked me to take off my clothes and put on the gown. I did as instructed and when he returned he was a little upset because I was naked under the gown and he had to give me another gown, since only one didn't cover me completely. He was still kinda bugged by it until I confronted him about it. His explanation made no sense at all and I finally said ... "I'd prefer to have another tech do this test/procedure. I'm not comfortable with you're inability as a medical technician to look past my simple nudity and do this test correctly."He left in a huff. About 10 minutes later a young female tech entered the room, introduced herself to me, retook my vitals and then asked me to follower her into the procedure room. I needed a stool to get up on the procedure bed and in doing so, probably exposed myself to her but she never flinched! She stood there and offered her assistance to help me up on the bed. She then straightened my gowns and asked if I was comfortable and we began the procedure.I thanked her for taking over and told her I appreciated her acting profession and mature toward patients, medical procedures where you might encounter nudity and handling it that with maturity. She thanked me for the kind words and said ... "I'm not sure where we get some of these people that have such a problem with nudity ... especially with our mature adults." I took that as ... the previous tech, the male, would have been okay with meif I had been a female in her early 20's! hahahahaha
His explanation made no sense at all and I finally said ...
What was his explanation?

This post was edited

Medical people are not phased by the sight of the human body. When I crashed my bicycle in 2005 and broke my hip (snapped the ball off the hip joint) they cut my bib shorts off of me in the ambulance. I was eventually given a hospital gown, I still mooned everyone in rehab while learning to do stairs on one leg using crutches. One night a nurse woke me up to give me a shot on my belly and I had been having a nice dream. She commented as she pulled up my gown to access my belly that it must have been a good dream that she interrupted. I told her I was dreaming about her.

Hopefully she did not change her mind about where to give you the shot!
Ouch!

This post was edited