looking to try nudism

I enjoy being naked at home alone. I would like to try being around other nudists but my nerves from that new experience combine with the fact that I don't normally do outdoor activities for fun anyway and that seems to be the focus of entertainment in nudist areas. Sports, tanning, etc.
I would prefer to go to to a nudist "resort" area with someone as a guest so I'm not alone just trying to get my comfort level up around strangers.
I'm not a fan of beaches and I try my best to stay away from the sun as much as possible so I wouldn't want to go to a nude beach, there isn't much to do there besides get burned and browse the internet on your phone anyway. I prefer the idea of a resort with indoor and outdoor/shady areas to congregate or just relax.
My other main worry is with erections, not that I would be embarrassed to get them around other people, but I'm worried it would be taken a certain way and I would be kicked out from the place I'm at.
I guess I'm just looking for encouraging words or friendship in my area.

This topic was edited
RE: looking to try nudism

I'm new to nudist too, and only do it alone, at home. I wish you good luck, and if you need a friend... I can be there!

This post was edited

I'm new to nudist too, and only do it alone, at home. I wish you good luck, and if you need a friend... I can be there!You both need to go to aanr.com dot Com and read everything about nudism as well as looking for places near you and of course if you have any questions please feel free to ask any of us here at TN.

This post was edited

I enjoy being naked at home alone. I would like to try being around other nudists but my nerves from that new experience combine with the fact that I don't normally do outdoor activities for fun anyway and that seems to be the focus of entertainment in nudist areas. Sports, tanning, etc.I would prefer to go to to a nudist "resort" area with someone as a guest so I'm not alone just trying to get my comfort level up around strangers.I'm not a fan of beaches and I try my best to stay away from the sun as much as possible so I wouldn't want to go to a nude beach, there isn't much to do there besides get burned and browse the internet on your phone anyway. I prefer the idea of a resort with indoor and outdoor/shady areas to congregate or just relax.My other main worry is with erections, not that I would be embarrassed to get them around other people, but I'm worried it would be taken a certain way and I would be kicked out from the place I'm at.I guess I'm just looking for encouraging words or friendship in my area.as far as erections go, most nudism etiquette would be just to cover it up when you have one until it subsides, its normal for someone to get aroused by the liberation of nudity out and about.. so just cover it up and dont gawk at anyone.
i'm in southern california and trying to start a nude brotherhood. these events will request but are not mandatory donations that will be donated to a charity agreed upon by those that attend. I feel with the emasculation of men leading to the violence against women that proceeds going to a women's shelter or something of the like would be the most effective. we are inviting all men no matter their sexuality straight/gay/bi/demi or pansexual doesn't mater because it is not a sex club and that is a strict role enforced.

This post was edited

We nearly all felt like that at first. The problem with home alone nudity is that you tend to be more aware of your own sexuality. The only thing is just to go for it ideally in a "Clothing Optional" setting that way if you do chicken you can do so. You will very quickly get used to seeing others nude and being seen nude yourself then you will wonder what all the fuss was about and just enjoy the sensation of true body freedom.

This post was edited

I wish I lived closer because I'm in much the same boat. I want to try nudism outside the home, but am a single male (which is already suspect by a lot of people) and I don't particularly like outdoors activities that are typically the mainstays of nudist resorts. Good luck with your first visit and keep us posted on how it goes!

This post was edited