RE:Replies to Group Posts

Gar-n-mar posted that the new site has gotten very quiet. I have noticed in my groups that if I want to reply a page comes up with the statement:You do not have appropriate permission to complete this actionWhat gives? I wonder if everyone has this problem and that's why there are so few posts lately?Maryanne

Well,

I thought I'd have a go at replying to see if the problem has been fixed yet.

I do think that while the site now looks *flashier*, the usability has gone through the floor.

While it was never easy to use, it was at least easy enough to read. Now, when looking in groups, when trying to see which threads have been posted recently the date stamp is grey on white, small, and buried. Not good

This post was edited

It looks like we still have a problem.

I posted a reply which didn't appear. Then after 5 minutes it did appear, and now, it's vanished again.

Go Figure

This post was edited

Well I will try to reply to your post Maryanne.

So if you see that worked if you don't then it didn't.
Cheers Keith

P/s I'm not impressed with the new version

This post was edited

honestly i still get this a lot, so i have stopped logging on as much. i try every so often (like now) seems to work one in two for me. i have tried different browsers too.

This post was edited

Apart from replying to group posts I find the new site cumbersome and hard to read. The text most important to me, the date of the post,. is in gray and hard to see looking at the bland white page. I found I am now spending less time on TN as a result. Also the separation between topics is no longer highly distinct, As a person who has trouble at the best of times reading a computer screen, the old layout and colour contrasts worked far better for reading than does the new layout and colours. I used to log in every morning to get caught up on what's happening in our TN community but now I only do it once or twice a week and I expect unless the sight becomes more copy / reader friendly I'll eventually stop looking in.

This post was edited

The new website has had teething problems. one has been when replying to a group discussion. I found my reply just vanished at first. But it appeared in my profile and in the group discussion later. Lately it has been better, with more coming up right away. There are times when I'm told I don't have the authority to do what I want (even though I can do it in other groups and could do it on the old site). And there is a bonus - we can add photos!

This post was edited

Apart from replying to group posts I find the new site cumbersome and hard to read. The text most important to me, the date of the post,. is in gray and hard to see looking at the bland white page. I found I am now spending less time on TN as a result. Also the separation between topics is no longer highly distinct, As a person who has trouble at the best of times reading a computer screen, the old layout and colour contrasts worked far better for reading than does the new layout and colours. I used to log in every morning to get caught up on what's happening in our TN community but now I only do it once or twice a week and I expect unless the sight becomes more copy / reader friendly I'll eventually stop looking in.

I couldn't have put it better myself. I find the new site much more "eye candy" and much less user friendly.

One thing that I have always missed from this site that is available on most other chat sites is the "show me all updates since my last visit". With the new site, even manually trawling through the topics is tougher as the timestamps are harder to spot / read.

At least they now appear to be working again, and posts are appearing immediately rather than after 10 minutes.

One thing that it does seem to have done is brought up old topics for us to read and re-kindle which was nice

This post was edited