Retirement and Nude Time

Retirement probably is a time when those of you could who have retired could increase the amount of time you were nude (unless you were a telecommuter).
It was less so for me because our adult son still lives with us and his girlfriend and his son from a prior relationship are here frequently.
If you are retired, how did retiring affect your nude time?

This topic was edited
RE:Retirement and Nude Time

Kind of depends on how much a person values nude time, enough to plan for plenty of it?
I plan to adjust my lifestyle to such an extent that I can live really old and be healthy and work hard, and never retire in that aspect. And live and work nude full time most of the time, except when I leave home. But at the same time set things up with a retirement income so I don't have to work for money. (Like a business that will pretty much take care of itself) Other than my own place, if conditions allow me to, I'd love to start a naturist farm somewhere, growing lots of tasty food, hire all naturists to keep it up. And arrange things so the work is fun, and includes plenty of water, especially in hot weather.

This post was edited

When i first retired we had empty nest at home. I barely ever had clothes on. Inside or out. Our son had some misfortune with his live in partner and they split up. She left him financially inempt. He moved back home but works daily. So my nude time ends whenever he is home. He is aware of our nudity and accepts it but everone is more comfortable around rach other dressed

This post was edited

i choose to call it a Career Pivot rather retirement , I am too young to use the R word. I do work part time in a totally different field after 30 plus years as an engineer. Because my hours vary week to week, sometimes I have 2-3 days in a row that i do not have to leave home. So I go nude around home. Most of the time solo, but there have been times I have had visitors who do not mind a naked hosts. If warm enough there is plenty of yard that is private enough I go bare to do gardening and even mowing with nothing more than my Crocs on. I still have not made it an entire week sans clothing, maybe with some planning i can do it in 2018 when it warms back up.

This post was edited

i choose to call it a Career Pivot rather retirement , I am too young to use the R word. I do work part time in a totally different field after 30 plus years as an engineer. Because my hours vary week to week, sometimes I have 2-3 days in a row that i do not have to leave home. So I go nude around home. Most of the time solo, but there have been times I have had visitors who do not mind a naked hosts. If warm enough there is plenty of yard that is private enough I go bare to do gardening and even mowing with nothing more than my Crocs on. I still have not made it an entire week sans clothing, maybe with some planning i can do it in 2018 when it warms back up.

Good luck finding a week.
I have been trying since I retired to find a time when I can go shirtless for an entire week and the best I have done is 4 days.
Something always comes up where I need to wear a shirt.

This post was edited

Will turn 66 in January, but will continue working at least for the next 2 years. I do plan on taking a lot more time off to travel and enjoy life nude.

I was able to work mostly 3 day weeks for the last 9 months before I retired.
Helped the transition for both me and my company.

This post was edited

I'm 67 and have no plans to retire. I spend all my time at home, nude, when not at work. For what they pay me, and what I do, I'll let the money machine keep running!

This post was edited

Am i retired? I don't know, I am not working in the normal way but doing most of it for no pay. Either way retirement makes no difference to how much time i can be nude at home, it is my home and nudity is my birthright. If anyone in the house has issues with this then one of us needs to move out, I don't get the need to change who you are to suit others bit. Surely retirement should make people even more determined to live life their own way. As for kids of any age returning home and imposing reduced time to be free - sod that, i am naked because i believe it is right to be so open, if my kids come back then they will need to buy into that or go elsewhere.

I wasn't implying that someone would be more likely to be nude at home because they were retired.
Being retired means that someone is most likely home more and therefore might have more opportunities to be nude.

This post was edited

Yeah ... my nude time did increase after I retired. There were actually days and sometimes a week at a time when I didn't wear clothes at all. It was great but my wife was still working and I missed spending all that time with her and being naked together. She would often say that it was unfair for me to be able to be naked all day and she had to go to work.

Though I doubt that the ability to be naked all day played a huge part in her decision to finally retire, one of the things she said about finally retiring was that she didn't have to try and figure out what to wear for work but just staying home and being naked helped her stress level considerably and she should have retired years ago, with me! ;-)

Nowadays, with both of us retired, we do our best to plan and figure out how we can maximize our nude time before having to get dressed and go out. If we happen to have crappy weather, we choose those days to run errands or if we have to go out for any reason, we make sure to include other stops for things we may need to minimize the amount of time we have to get dressed and leave the house and backyard. It certainly opens up the spontaneity with regards to visits to the beach, our club or resorts!

This post was edited

Yeah ... my nude time did increase after I retired. There were actually days and sometimes a week at a time when I didn't wear clothes at all. It was great but my wife was still working and I missed spending all that time with her and being naked together. She would often say that it was unfair for me to be able to be naked all day and she had to go to work.Though I doubt that the ability to be naked all day played a huge part in her decision to finally retire, one of the things she said about finally retiring was that she didn't have to try and figure out what to wear for work but just staying home and being naked helped her stress level considerably and she should have retired years ago, with me! ;-)Nowadays, with both of us retired, we do our best to plan and figure out how we can maximize our nude time before having to get dressed and go out. If we happen to have crappy weather, we choose those days to run errands or if we have to go out for any reason, we make sure to include other stops for things we may need to minimize the amount of time we have to get dressed and leave the house and backyard. It certainly opens up the spontaneity with regards to visits to the beach, our club or resorts!

How do you find a week when you can be continuously naked?.
I have been trying since I retired to find a time when I can go shirtless for an entire week and the best I have done is 4 days.
Something always comes up where I need to wear a shirt.

This post was edited

Yeah ... my nude time did increase after I retired. There were actually days and sometimes a week at a time when I didn't wear clothes at all. It was great but my wife was still working and I missed spending all that time with her and being naked together. She would often say that it was unfair for me to be able to be naked all day and she had to go to work.Though I doubt that the ability to be naked all day played a huge part in her decision to finally retire, one of the things she said about finally retiring was that she didn't have to try and figure out what to wear for work but just staying home and being naked helped her stress level considerably and she should have retired years ago, with me! ;-)Nowadays, with both of us retired, we do our best to plan and figure out how we can maximize our nude time before having to get dressed and go out. If we happen to have crappy weather, we choose those days to run errands or if we have to go out for any reason, we make sure to include other stops for things we may need to minimize the amount of time we have to get dressed and leave the house and backyard. It certainly opens up the spontaneity with regards to visits to the beach, our club or resorts!How do you find a week when you can be continuously naked?.I have been trying since I retired to find a time when I can go shirtless for an entire week and the best I have done is 4 days.Something always comes up where I need to wear a shirt.
One thing forgot to ask.
Do you feel uncomfortable putting clothes on after a week or more ?
While I have never been naked for more than a day and the night before or after, it does feel strange, almost confining to put on a shirt or long pants after not having worn them for a few days for shirts and sometimes as long as a few weeks for slacks.

This post was edited