RE:spring garden

Hi everyone 11C is the high temp here - more regular sun now. We just moved in last August and the back of our property slopes down in a kind of amphitheatre arrangement. There is currently no veg garden, but there is a flower garden heather , exotic grasses mostly. We plan on converting it into a terraced vegetable garden with step access. We will be putting tomatoes in this year in cedar planter boxes plus some garlic i in the fall.

Were putting a metal roof on our chicken coop to collect rainwater for irrigation since it gets dry here during the summer months.

We live on Gabriola Island in beautiful British Columbia

This post was edited

Hi everyone 11C is the high temp here - more regular sun now. We just moved in last August and the back of our property slopes down in a kind of amphitheatre arrangement. There is currently no veg garden, but there is a flower garden heather , exotic grasses mostly. We plan on converting it into a terraced vegetable garden with step access. We will be putting tomatoes in this year in cedar planter boxes plus some garlic i in the fall.

Were putting a metal roof on our chicken coop to collect rainwater for irrigation since it gets dry here during the summer months.

We live on Gabriola Island in beautiful British Columbia

This post was edited

Some years I have had the odd day to be nude out doors in March but it doesn't look like I will this year as if it gets to 11 c it is doing well and there could be more snow this weekend as it could be back down to 2 c on Sunday.

This post was edited

John,
Looks like you have found some sunshine many weeks ago!
Ours is coming.
Later,

This post was edited

Finally might get relief from truck cab prison, heading home with several deliveries and pickups along the way, should make it home by thursday empty. Truck can get serviced and maybe my cousin will be able to take it. Im very ready to start planting early salad ingredients. Gimme another week and ill be in the garden, provided weather cooperates, making new gardens, lots of fun work in the sun to do, endless expansion potential. Eating it will be rewarding, and enjoying others eating it.

This post was edited

My "boss" just informed me. (actually my brother and i are company owners, hes just general manager) that we have a driver for this truck. (not my cousin who he dosent like) Relief! None too soon. Im weary and done with this job. Now i can really start fertility experiments. And start reclaiming that unbroken tan Ive been loosing all winter.

This post was edited

Apparently we've got snow forecast for Wednesday / Thursday so it looks like out tans are going to continue fading away :(

This post was edited

Well I'm goin at it, but it's cool and cloudy with rain off and on. One day clear predicted in the next 2 weeks, otherwise 40-80% chance of rain every day. At least the ground is well drained where I'm working and it dries fast. Even though it's warm enough to work fabric free part time, the sun is rare, so tan isn't improving. But it will in time. I'm using the track hoe to clean up the site I want to start growing on. Lots of dead wood, and some fresh, cuttin a few tress that are gonna shade too much. and lots of rocks. Will have to sort out the rocks as I make grow beds. Use them for terracing maybe. And all the wood is being cut up for firewood, mostly for biochar. Some of the hard wood may be saved for winter. Might get something planted by next week. It's time to get the early things in.

This post was edited

tween the weather and my pickup quitting, it's going slow. But I'm gettin there. Had to spend 4 days swapping engines to get another vehicle to drive, off road at least. transport supplies to the garden site on the mountainside. But it works now and it also rained heavy and is frosting again. But the end of April usually brings the end of frost season.

This post was edited

Not quite so dramatic for us, but at least yesterday was warm *enough* for our first foray into the garden. Sat reading in the norming, followed by some repairs for me and flower transplanting for Mar. Small steps, but still steps. Looks like it's going to be nice this week while I'm stuck in the office.

This post was edited