2018 Everglades Naturist boat Camping trip

So far, two of us going to Everglades National Park backcountry from May 19-25. Up to 2 more people are welcome to come along, especially if you have your own boat. Contact me for details. Previous trip reports can be found here: https://campingbare.no-ip.biz/report.htm

This topic was edited
RE:2018 Everglades Naturist boat Camping trip

Still room and time to plan

This post was edited

The Trip was postponed in May due to medical issue.
New dates are July 14-20. Contact me if you are interested in going along

This post was edited

Sounds great. Ill have to catch the plan next year. So many questions. What kind of boat, gear you take, etc..

This post was edited

I take different boats depending on whether I am going alone, or with someone, as well as whether the trip is primarily inland or coastal.

As far as camping gear, pretty basic. A tent with good mosquito netting (or better yet, no-see-um netting), personal cook kit, lightweight sleeping bag or just a blanket and sheet. simple air mattress, etc. I can give you more specifics if you like.

Finally made this trip last week, after two health related delays.

The weather was as good as can be expected for August. Afternoon thunderstorms were the only inconvenience, and I learned years ago to do my moving from campsite to campsite in the morning to avoid the storms.

The Everglades National Park was as sparsely populated as I have come to expect in Summer, and saw no other camping parties while down there. Saw some fishing boats, and did get one surprise when a fishing boat came from downwind at low tide. I guess I saw motion in my peripheral vision, cause something made me look over my shoulder, and there they were maybe 100 feet away. I continued walking down the beach toward camp, and they continued motoring on past. Didn't seem to ruffle any feathers.

All in all, a good 7 days naked (from getting clear of the marina, till approaching it again on day 7)

This post was edited

We used to sail past Cape Sable in the Everglades and ocassionally anchor off the beach overnight. Always was able to walk the beach nude in the evening or morning. Sometimes guide fishing parties would slide by but nobody ever indicated any issue with me being nude. My experience is fishermen just dont care ! Anyway, your camping trips sound fun.

This post was edited