second annual group campout update

May 11th through the 13th
This campout is a Clothing Optional event and will be perfect for new and reluctant members and guests.

We should be able to have a campfire with plenty of camping sites and easy access.

There will be games for kids and adults, conversation, hiking, and just plain relaxation.

Dirt road directions are at the bottom of the following instructions.

***ROAD CONDITIONS*** this dirt road will accommodate any and all vehicles including RVs and Travel Trailers.

Drive time: 50 min, 36.4 mi via AZ-260 from Camp Verde
Take AZ-260 / General George Crook Trail (31.5 mi, 33 min)
Turn LEFT on FR-9385

Drive time: 1 hr. 41 min, 86.3 mi
Via AZ-87 Beeline Highway (alternate route for east Mesa: Bush Highway to 87)
Depart AZ-87 N toward NF-143 (51.5 mi, 46 min))
Turn LEFT onto AZ-260 (2.6 mi)
Turn RIGHT on FR-9385

Drive time: 3 hr. 36 min, 213.1 mi
Via AZ-87 Beeline Highway (alternate route for east Mesa: Bush Highway to 87) Depart I-10 W (87.1 mi, 1 hr. 13 min)
At exit 161, take ramp RIGHT for AZ-202-LOOP East toward Pecos Rd (4.1 mi)
At exit 50A, take ramp RIGHT and follow signs for AZ-101-LOOP North (9.8 mi)
At exit 51A-B, take ramp RIGHT for AZ-202-LOOP East toward Airport (3.5 mi)
At exit 13, take ramp RIGHT for AZ-87 toward Payson (0.3 mi)
Turn LEFT onto AZ-87 / N Country Club Dr. ~ Pass Shell in 0.8 mi (73.5 mi, 1 hr. 7 min)
Turn LEFT onto AZ-260 (2.6 mi)
Turn RIGHT onto FR-9385

Drive Time 1 hr. 21 min, 60.4 mi via Lake Mary Rd
Depart S Lake Mary Rd toward E John W. Powell Blvd (4.2 mi)
Road name changes to Lake Mary Rd / CR-3 (48.1 mi, 1 hr. 2 min)
Turn RIGHT onto AZ-87 (5.4 mi)
and
Turn RIGHT onto AZ-260 (2.6 mi)
Turn RIGHT onto FR-9385

DIRT ROAD DIRECTIONS TO THE CAMPSITE
Watch for Florescent Stakes leading to the campsite.
UNPAVED
Turnoff is between mile markers 250 and 251;
Coming from AZ-87 you will travel 0.6 miles past mile marker 251 and turn RIGHT.
Coming from Cottonwood you will travel 0.4 miles past mile marker 250 and turn LEFT.

Depart 260 and FR-9385 and follow the Green and Red Florescent stakes. GREEN Stakes will be placed every 0.5 miles. A RED and GREEN Stake mean you have 0.5 or less miles to camp turnoff. The RED Stake means you have arrived.

This location is the destination; however, rely on colored stakes for exact location as it could move slightly due to other campers.

You are now at the campsite!

This topic was edited
RE:second annual group campout update

If anyone is interested in joining us on this outing please message me so we can keep a head count at this point me have about 16 signed up

This post was edited

I do have a quad , could bring if anybody else rides?

This post was edited

Just asked Marie , she said (drum roll) YES . I have a event Fri. but Sat. morning can make it . I will take Mon . off , I will have extra time to help clean up , if you need that ? Is it ok to bring the dogs , no not me , the female is yellow Lab. & miniature Great Dane , male . She is getting up there in age 13 or 12 , he is 4yrs. old . Is there a pot luck meal on Sat. ?

This post was edited

Great to hear, your more than welcome to bring your dogs and we are planning on having a potluck on saturday evening so bring your favorite item to share

This post was edited

Marie was thinking baked beans , hot or cool . as in spice .

This post was edited

I am fine either way or maybe somewhere in the middle

This post was edited

The trip is still going on but we had a visit from the ranger lastnight telling us we can't be nude, but we are still camping and still have the potluck this evening.

This post was edited

The trip is still going on but we had a visit from the ranger lastnight telling us we can't be nude, but we are still camping and still have the potluck this evening.

This post was edited

This post was edited