Are there any other Volunteer Patients on this site?

Both my Primary Care Physician and Dermatologist are female. They both know I am a nudist. On several occasions my Primary Care Physician had a Physician Assistant watch and sometime participate during my physical examination.
One day she asked if I would be a Volunteer Patient (SEE BELOW) at a class she teaches. I agreed. I knew my dermatologist also taught classes. I told her about being a Volunteer Patient for my PCP. She asked if I would do the same for her. I agreed. The Examinations took place in their office examination rooms.

Volunteer Patients
Volunteer Model patients are members of the general public who make a unique and valuable contribution to the education and training of future doctors.
Volunteer patients participate as themselves to help medical students learn and practice interviewing, medical history-taking and basic physical exams under the watchful guidance of a fully-qualified physician.
The volunteers give students the opportunity to learn skills that are real and memorable, which would not be possible if they were learning it from a book or a plastic model.

This topic was edited
RE:Are there any other Volunteer Patients on this site?

thanks for making this valuable contribution to the medical field. if I lived nearer a teaching hospital it is something i would do.

This post was edited

Now this is a good idea! I often wondered how they did that as part of their training.

This post was edited

I've had a few doctors ask if it was okay for another doc-in-training to be present while examining or interviewing, and once for a colonoscopy. I always say yes because, I mean, really, what does it matter? However, I've never actually volunteered to be a patient.

This post was edited

I've had a few doctors ask if it was okay for another doc-in-training to be present while examining or interviewing, and once for a colonoscopy. I always say yes because, I mean, really, what does it matter? However, I've never actually volunteered to be a patient.

This post was edited

We are not so much "volunteer" patients but we are accommodating patients for Dermatology Med students that visit our dermatologists practice for experience. Our dermatologist has told us that because we are comfortable being naked with her, her med assistant and med students, she will make a point, if a med student is in the office that day, to ensure that the med student is assisting with our exams. So maybe ... we are, in a sense, volunteering to allow med students to assist in our dermatology exams. She always asks our permission first. On rare occasion my wife has had some personal issues she wants to discuss with the doctor, alone, so she'll decline but the doctor knows that I never say no so the med student just waits til I'm on the table! :D

This post was edited

Again if a trainee doctor/nurse was present and wanted to see my examination it wouldn't bother me the slightest bit.

This post was edited

I am more than a willing volunteer and have been trying to find a way to work part time as a medical model for exams and procedures. I have had students brought into the room by my dermatologist and urologist because I am open in my discussion with them about my nudism. I also was asked by my last waxer if would volunteer for new waxer training, waiting for that opportunity. I do nude figure modeling already for the colleges and artists and when I was taking massage classes I was the demo model for the instructor since was more than comfortable with not covering up after getting off table.

This post was edited

I am more than a willing volunteer and have been trying to find a way to work part time as a medical model for exams and procedures. I have had students brought into the room by my dermatologist and urologist because I am open in my discussion with them about my nudism. I also was asked by my last waxer if would volunteer for new waxer training, waiting for that opportunity. I do nude figure modeling already for the colleges and artists and when I was taking massage classes I was the demo model for the instructor since was more than comfortable with not covering up after getting off table.

This post was edited

This sounds like a great opportunity. Is there a site or location where one can volunteer?

This post was edited

Been trying to find one myself with the local colleges

This post was edited