RE:Sexual Orientation

You may as well ask why the site asks for age, education, marital status, income or occupation. They are all parts of what describes the wider person, as does sexual orientation. We are not just nudists here. We are people, with fully rounded personalities, upbringing and life history. And those personalities affect the approach to nudity which each of us takes.

This post was edited

Great comments.

This post was edited

The only reason to post your orientation would be if you were here hoping to find a date or love interest. Of course choosing not to post that info. should be no reason to be blocked. It should just show you're not interested in advances or propositions from strangers.

This post was edited

i dont care if the guy i bond with are gay, bi or straight.
but i have no issue with my own orientation and am openly gay.
it makes a clear info to all.
i can understand some straight want to know too to avoid misunderstandings eventually.
anyway it is up to each to decide to say or not his sexual orientation. sharing nudism is supposed to be free of sex, so.... :)

This post was edited

Gender, Orientation, Height, Weight, Hometown, Education, Religion, Income Level, Kids

Nothing wrong with TN asking any of those questions or with anyone answering any of them, as long as it's not required. For me it's about the freedom to choose how you want to present yourself.

If you feel you are extremely proud to identify yourself as a Christian, or Jewish, or a Buddhist, a Muslim, an Atheist or any other religion, and you want people to know that about you before they even talk to you, then you can put it out there right at the start.

In that same way, if you feel your sexual identity is a strong part of who you are and how you identify yourself, and you want others to know that up front, then put it out there.

Those fields are all optional.

I did not answer those, but I also didn't answer what my hometown was, how well educated I am or what I earn. I didn't want any of those things to be the factors that made someone choose to talk to me, or not. But I was fine letting people know I'm a married man with kids. I identify as a "dad." That's just how I see myself.

I don't think there's anything wrong with the sexual orientation question being here, as long as it's optional.

My choice was to skip it but I don't want people to think I feel there's something wrong with others choosing to answer it.

This post was edited

Sexual orientation on a profile (or in real life) doesn't play a role in choosing if I would like to get to know someone better.
I am hesitant to contact people who exclude a group of people because of things such as gender, marital status or sexual orientation.
Some people seem to devide others into groups and forget that we do not all share the same characteristics and personality traits when we share a few lines filled in on an online profile.

This post was edited

The only reason to post your orientation would be if you were here hoping to find a date or love interest.

No. For instance, I am happily married and do not seek a date or new love. I state my sexual orientation because that is an important aspect of me. When people land on my profile, any combination of age, country, gender, sexual orientation, interests and so on may be what convinces them that I may be a person who it would be interesting to discuss things with.

This post was edited

Lol actually I know several gay guys who prefer not to suck, bi and gay.
Yes when I go to a nude get together, I have no idea who is gay or straight, and dont care.

This post was edited

When you view a nudist's profile here, is it important to know his/her sexual orientation? Does it matter if he/she is : Gay, Straight, Bi Sexual, Bi Curious?

No nudism unites all men from my perspective and i dont worry about orientation for me the best part is simply being nude for other guys and relaxing...non sexual touch and intimacy are recently really important to me...and more often than not straight men are more open to it than others. If there is a sexual encounter is mutual and orientation again matters little. Is each getting the pleasure he deserves? that is what matters for me.

I am open to all men being nude buds and sex if and when it is appropriate, i try to be understanding and accepting and this effort rewards me with the honour of close company with other men.

This post was edited

The only reason to post your orientation would be if you were here hoping to find a date or love interest. Of course choosing not to post that info. should be no reason to be blocked. It should just show you're not interested in advances or propositions from strangers.

Respectfully disagree there are political and social reasons as well as emotional reasons that are personal and not related to love or sex. I don't hope to find anything beyond the chance to open a question with other -people....i neither limit nor over assume what is expected or implied. Advances not first founded in a mutual respect or bond on this site are just poor form. your orientation should not be an invitation to skip the steps rather it should define the way forward without the erotic.

This post was edited