RE:did you all vote today?

No, voted yesterday. Only drawback was had to get dressed, live in a very socially conservative area. Got naked again as soon as I got home.

At least you exercised your right to vote!! Sometimes we gotta slip on the clothes to do what's right! Sometimes it's almost as much fun getting out of your clothes, than it is not having to put them on! ;D

This post was edited

No. I don't live in the USA so don't have a vote (just like many others around the world). But I must congratulate you on the result. The power of the US is so strong that the Mid Term Elections have been followed worldwide. What you decide does affect the rest of the world.

This post was edited

We voted yesterday too, at the local precinct. Was I pleased with the results? For the most part, but there were some things that displeased me greatly.

But what was my reaction to that? Rioting? Screaming in the middle of the street? Throwing bricks and rocks at people's cars as they drove by? Destroying property, either private or public? No. I sent an email to a few folks regarding our local flying club's scheduled meeting, analyzed some rest results from the FAA regarding a new piece of electronics I just had installed. Oh, and cooked bacon. Yes. Bacon.

When things don't always go the way you want, cook bacon. And then eat it.

This post was edited

I always wondered. Do nudist resorts that have residence have a polling place where they can vote nude?

This post was edited

Like ollygrumps I don't live in the U.S so don't have a vote but watched the results because as he says the result affects the rest of the world, although the result does seem to be a mixed bag, Democrats winning back Control of the house but the Republicans strengthening their grip on the Senate , I think because your Country is so large and has various different time zones , the media are calling states after the polls close, in the UK , The polls close the ballot papers are counted by hand that night and the results announced in the early hours of the Morning, I think we can all see how unreliable polls are, We were told by Pollsters, the UK would vote to stay in the EU and in fact the leave campaign won , Theresa May called a snap General election and the polls said She would have a majority of over 100 , and what actually happened was her slim majority of 13 disappeared so I never take the pollsters seriously , A good thing to see was the increase in Women, and LGBT people to be elected to the house, and the racial diversity of elected representatives,

This post was edited

Why is it that nudist have to make such a big deal about being nude?
Who cares what you were wearing or not wearing when you voted?
Do you have to actually tell everyone that you were nude when you votes at home?
It would actually be news if you were voting nude at a public polling station.
Do you think that textiles announce to other textiles that they were wearing clothes while they were voting at home?
The good thing is that you all voted.
We really do not need a play by play on the other aspects surrounding that vote.
This true nudist site is so funny as you all act as if being nude is something new to us all or something that is your very first time ever doing.
Being that it is a true nudist forum of course we would expect most of you to be nude when ever you can be, and especially at home.
You all come across as newbie nudists?
May be you all are?
That would explain your obsession with constantly announcing it.
Who cares?

This post was edited

You clearly do not understand how races are called. Calling a race is a statistical process. The whole purpose of statistics is to look at a smaller sample and use it to make a guess at the whole. Often it is done because it is impractical to measure the whole. Take any political question you want, it is just not practical to ask everyone in the entire country how they feel on that question. Instead, they ask a much smaller group of people and use that as an approximation of everyone. Surprisingly, a number as small as 10,000 generally will give a good approximation of the 300 million in the entire country.

They are doing the same thing in calling a race. They are using a smaller number of results as an approximation of the final results. This allows them to predict what the final results will be.

The thing is that this is a guess. It is a mathematically accurate guess. But it is still a guess. And the statisticians KNOW it is a guess. They know that most of the time they will be correct. But that some of the time it will be wrong. In fact, their techniques contain a "confidence interval." Typically, they use 95% confidence. Which means that out of 100 estimates, 5 of them will be wrong.

So when you see that some of their predictions are wrong, that does not mean ALL of their predictions are wrong. MOST of them are right. And that is good enough.

The fact that only a small number of votes are needed to make the guess does NOT invalidate any vote. It could be one of the 5% that are wrong. If you don't vote, you are invalidating your choice.

This post was edited

"Why is it that nudist have to make such a big deal about being nude?
Who cares what you were wearing or not wearing when you voted?
Do you have to actually tell everyone that you were nude when you votes at home?
It would actually be news if you were voting nude at a public polling station."

Really! What is this obsession with doing everything while nude? It's comments like this that have the textiles believing that all nudists are a bunch of nuts. Casual nudity will never advance until the majority i.e., the textiles, begin to believe that nudity is neither abnormal or immoral. Do you think that the candidates that you voted for give a damn what you were wearing or not wearing?

This post was edited

"Why is it that nudist have to make such a big deal about being nude?Who cares what you were wearing or not wearing when you voted?Do you have to actually tell everyone that you were nude when you votes at home?It would actually be news if you were voting nude at a public polling station."Really! What is this obsession with doing everything while nude? It's comments like this that have the textiles believing that all nudists are a bunch of nuts. Casual nudity will never advance until the majority i.e., the textiles, begin to believe that nudity is neither abnormal or immoral. Do you think that the candidates that you voted for give a damn what you were wearing or not wearing?

This. Who cares if you voted nude or not, the important thing is people used their right to vote.

This post was edited

Like ollygrumps I don't live in the U.S so don't have a vote but watched the results because as he says the result affects the rest of the world, although the result does seem to be a mixed bag, Democrats winning back Control of the house but the Republicans strengthening their grip on the Senate , ,

I am one who is happy to have a divided Congress instead of one that is the same party as the president. Our system of checks and balances has not been working very well in much of my lifetime. It will take effort to make things work, but compromise is not a bad thing. It was what this country was founded on. Making law is a slow and tedious process and I am happy to have it that way.

This post was edited