RE:naked in the hills

Beautiful feelings Paul!

This post was edited

I once took a day hike away from a Rainbow Gathering in Oregon, in piney forest, to the top of the nearest rise, taking nothing with me, not even shoes. It was one of the most intensely spiritual experiences I've ever had. I gave no thought, really, to my own body, except to sense myself as a creature, moving in nature; it was nature that filled my mind. When I got to the top, it was rather bald, and the tall, heavy, pines gave way to gnarled mesquite. I sensed their age, and sat with them, gazing across the valley of tall young trees and the smoke of the hundreds of campfires of thousands of busy young campers, sharing the experience of those gnarled trees, a companion to them, rooted for a while to their place with them. When I went back, still naked around a campfire that evening, I tried and completely failed to explain the experience I'd had.

This post was edited

Perhaps it was the audience. I feel I understand your bond with nature. When I have the chance to be alone and nude out in a natural setting, I find it difficult to end the experience. Giving in to life's schedules and the need for daylight to find my way back is hard.

This post was edited

I can imagine you walking up there, feeling nature through your feet, your skin, and breathing in the essence of the place. Words are inadequate to express your feelings to others, unless they share the experience with you.

This post was edited

Its a wonderful feeling!

This post was edited

Oh yes.. you know I love the feeling of being naked on the Moors.. Maybe a group event....

This post was edited