Photo Shoots

When it comes to taking pictures it seems I take a thousand pics to have one keeper. I was interested in seeing the shots in here to get some picture ideas. Luann was set to do a photo shoot with someone far better than I earlier this summer but that was tabled until this weekend. One thing I did note was the vast and beautiful outdoor scenery. That is something we have a large lack of in our location. So it does come to being inventive or just try use what there is.

The photog guy that is shooting Luann actually specializes in Black and White's which I have not really paid attention to until I saw some of his work. I'd be interested in hearing what others could add to photo shoot experiences.

This topic was edited
RE:Photo Shoots

I agree with Andy, lighting, position, angle and details all make for great photos but I also think making the models feel comfortable, secure and trusting that you have their best interest in mind. Especially when nude or wearing clothing only their significant others have seen them in. They want to know that you are not going to take unflattering pictures or post them on the internet without their knowledge or approval.

If you can get a subject to relax and open up and just have fun, then the photos will reflect that.

This post was edited

I have experimented with lighting a bit myself. I don't really consider myself an amateur photographer but I've taken some pretty nice pictures in my past. I posted a picture that I took when I was sitting up early in the morning before the sun came up in front of the fireplace having my coffee. I had my infrared heater on at the same time and it cast of very interesting glow. I thought I'd try to capture it in a photo.
It came out quite interesting, one of my wife's favorites.

This post was edited

I do like that photo Lee.

This post was edited

I think the difference between some of us amature photographers and the pros is that the pros never seem to be detached from the cameras! They are always ready to get that great shot.

Di and I were in the hot tub one early summer evening. The sun was setting and was casting a orange light on much of our surroundings, particularly our backyard, the surface water in the tub and Di's backside. Di's sister called and she was leaning against the side of the tub with her upper body up out of the water and her arms resting on the coping. The water was still (no jets on) and the image is still burned in my mind. It was one of the best photo opportunities I've ever had but she had the phone and mine was inside!

The orangeish glow of her skin with beads of water rolling off her back. With the still water her butt was clear and not distorted with ripples in the water, her leg position and with a slight angle shot to the side... it would have been an all time favorite picture of mine, but NO CAMERA! Needless to say, I'll never make that mistake again.

Di's not a model and dislikes her nude pics taken, until I show her how beautiful she is. She's more concerned about where those pics end up. My cell phone is full of nudes of her, of us and some of our close friends. I finally found a way to hide them because our youngest grandson always found them and would ask why we are naked, even though I've told him a dozen times, "because we are nudists and that's the way we live most of the time!" At 6,7 and now 8, he's probably not getting it! :DDD

This post was edited

Thank goodness we don't have to develop the film anymore to see how the pics turned out. I throw out a lot of pictures that I take.

This post was edited

Thats a nice camera. I still have my Nikon FG and I am on my 3rd SLR digital as well, a Nikon D7000. Someday I hope to own a full format camera but for now, this gets the job done.

I have used my LG phone a lot because it is more convenient to post pictures to social media. Phone cameras have come a long way from my first one 15 years ago when the lag from pressing the button to photo capture was more than a second and you would end up missing the shot. Now the lag is almost unnoticeable and they have a laser focus system and multiple lenses that make for great online photos.

This post was edited

I bought the Sony camera because of a recommendation from a friend that is actually a very good amature photographer. He wanted to buy that camera but doesn't want to spend the money. I wanted a good camera to take with us to Italy and I wasn't too worried about spending a $100 more than he stated it was worth. When you're spending lots of money on a trip of a lifetime, an extra $100 isn't worth fretting over.

We've been cleaning out our closets, files, drawers and just getting rid of lots of things. That's how I came across my Nikon 35mm SLR. I went digital when Costco stopped doing film developing or rather, sending the film out to be developed. I like being able to see the picture I've taken, instantly, and insert the card into the computer, print the photo and have it now. Digital works so much better for nudes. ;D

This post was edited

I bought a Nicon a couple years ago. I really ought to sit down with it and figure it out now. Sure hate to rush into things!

This post was edited

I bought a Nicon a couple years ago. I really ought to sit down with it and figure it out now. Sure hate to rush into things!

There are probably a lot of YouTube videos on how to get the most out of your particular camera model. I would also suggest a program like Adobe's Light Room. It will help you fix issues like under or over overexpose among other things.

Andy, I agree, digital is much better for nudes than taking film in to be processed. I worked at a local sporting goods store that also sold and processed films. Pro's would use the store because they could customize the exposure process to get the picture they wanted. When someone would bring in nudes, they would make copies of them for their own collection. One of the reasons why I only did black and white nudes of my wife back then because we could develop them ourselves.

This post was edited