'And they were naked and not ashamed': Church allows nude worship

'And they were naked and not ashamed': Church allows nude worship

A church in the US state of Virginia has taken the bizarre decision to allow its congregation to attend services in the nude.Pastor Allen Parker, the leader of White Tail Chapel in the town of Southampton, said he came to the decision to allow naked worship after concluding the clothing requirements of other churches were overly 'pretentious', and decided his own flock should be free to forgo such materialism if they desire.He believes he is in good company too, claiming many of the most important moments in the Bible happened while the protagonists were nude, including Jesus' crucifixion and resurrection. Much more...

This topic was edited
RE:'And they were naked and not ashamed': Church allows nude worship

So in reading articles on this I think it bears calling out that the pastor is a nudist and that the church is on the grounds of a nudist resort - Not nearly as progressive as if a pastor of a suburban textile church said to his congregation "Hey, get naked at the next service if you want to". Positive message that nudism and religion can and do coincide, but it's not as if this was a textile church advocating reform and accepting singular nudists who were well outside the norm...

This post was edited

There are other threads on this forum about the church services at White Tail Resort.

There are other nudist resorts that have religious services or Bible studies. Really not that unusual. As previously mentioned, if a mainstream church were to state that attending services while unclothed was acceptable, then THAT would be news!

Unfortunately, almost every church on the planet would frown upon (or even be apoplectic) if someone wished to worship nude. In my opinion, that is not a "real church". After all, our Lord and savior Jesus Christ was baptized nude, beaten nude, crucified nude, walked out of the tomb nude (which is why He was mistaken for a gardener) and ascended to Heaven nude. Yet, the churches who disobey the commandments and have images of Jesus on the cross in their churches always have a cloth over Him to hide his mid-point. In my opinion, it shows that most Christians are truly ashamed of their savior and won't ever admit it.

I sometimes wonder..... If Jesus Himself walked into a church naked and hungry, what would they do? Most would be on their cellphone calling 911 to get the police over there because a *gulp* naked man walked in. The rest would be busy finding something to cover him up with because His holy body would offend them. Think about it.

This post was edited

Unfortunately, almost every church on the planet would frown upon (or even be apoplectic) if someone wished to worship nude. In my opinion, that is not a "real church". After all, our Lord and savior Jesus Christ was baptized nude, beaten nude, crucified nude, walked out of the tomb nude (which is why He was mistaken for a gardener) and ascended to Heaven nude. Yet, the churches who disobey the commandments and have images of Jesus on the cross in their churches always have a cloth over Him to hide his mid-point. In my opinion, it shows that most Christians are truly ashamed of their savior and won't ever admit it.I sometimes wonder..... If Jesus Himself walked into a church naked and hungry, what would they do? Most would be on their cellphone calling 911 to get the police over there because a *gulp* naked man walked in. The rest would be busy finding something to cover him up with because His holy body would offend them. Think about it.

So very well said - thank you!

This post was edited