My First Geocache

Hello fellow Nude Geocachers. I can say that because I just went on my first geocache yesterday and I did it nude. I've heard about geocaching before but didn't have much interest in it until reading about nude geocaching in this group. Since I like hiking nude it just seemed like a good idea. I chose Ragged Top GC344B in the Ironwood Forest National Monument west of Tucson. This is federal land, very pristine and undeveloped Sonoran Desert with very little visitation. I was able to strip as soon as I left the road and spent a couple of hours on a very nice desert walk. I studied the area on Google earth and had no problem locating the cache on top of a little knoll. This is a perfect area for a nude hike. I went on a weekday and saw no one in the area. I walked up a little dry wash with a sandy bottom. There were lots of animal tracks in the wash but I saw only a couple of spots with human tracks, all of them old. Once out of the dry wash the cross country hike was easy. Lots of desert vegetation in this area but it's spread out enough to you can pick your way through easily avoiding the thorns, needles and other desert unpleasantness. I'm already starting to plan my next nude geocaching trip to Ironwood Forest NM. Thanks to the members of this group for the inspiration.

This topic was edited
RE:My First Geocache

Congratulations on your first find. Even better that you were able to do it naked. I don't get out to cache very often, but when I do, it's a big bonus if I can do it sans clothing. Best of luck on your future hikes and caching.

This post was edited

AZ is a fantastic place for nude geocaching. So many locations and so few people. Glad you had the chance to experience naked geocaching. Looking forward to hearing about your future naked caching adventures.

This post was edited

I was back out in the Ironwood Forest National Monument yesterday for another nude Geocache hike. I tried Lost Point II GCFAD3. It's further out into the monument than my last trip. There's a jeep trail from the parking area at the old Silver Bell Cemetery to a point near the Geocache location. I chose to hike cross country and was not disappointed. The Sonoran Desert is alive with color right now, as pretty as I've ever seen it. The hike goes up and down some low hills so there are several high points with great views. It was a perfect day, mid 70's, light breeze and lots of sunshine. I didn't see a soul in 3+ hours of my hike. I was not able to find the cache after a long search but that doesn't bother me a bit. What a great day.

This post was edited

Not finding the cache give you a good excuse to go back!

This post was edited

There are two more caches in Ironwood. I'm going to go out and try one of them, "The Bull Nose Mine" for sure. There's another called "OK Corral" that I might try but I'm going to take a closer look at the location. It looks like it's out in a big flat area, not too scenic. If that's the case I may skip that one. I'd rather go back and try for "Lost Point II" again. Can't beat those views from that one.

This post was edited

Do you have the GC #'s for these caches?

This post was edited

OK Corral GC10PG, Big Bullnose Mine CGJFC7.

This post was edited