Medical Question

What does your physician say about you being shaved?

This topic was edited
RE:Medical Question

Nothing . He sees you as you are . Doesn't matter to him if you're shaved smooth , like I am , or trimmed , or have a full bush .

If he's seeing you naked , he's doing a prostate check , or you've noticed something that hints at possible hernia surgery being needed .

This post was edited

Nothing I been shaving below since 1979...sometimes let it grow during winter months or at least trim it now that I am older.

This post was edited

I have a woman doctor that knows that Im a nudist and we have a great relationship. I am always completely nude and freshly shaved for my physicals and we are both perfectly comfortable with it. She likes to quip at the end of the visit, now be careful with that razor!

This post was edited

He/she has never mentioned it. Been smooth for nearly 35 years.

This post was edited

Mine has never made a comment about anything that is shaved or other subjects we discuss here on TN. Ive gone in for a complete physical freshly shaven and no comment was made. Once he touched my leg as we were sitting and talking. I think he wanted to see if it was as smooth as it looks. He knows I dont wear underwear since there was a snarky comment from a nurse once (which I handled head on LOL) and after that he knows Im not concerned about being naked or needing to cover up. If your doctor is a professional it probably wouldnt be mentioned unless you bring it up. Im sure mine has noticed I have no tan lines too. Again that hasnt been mentioned except to refer me to a dermatologist for annual skin exams. If it bothers you why not initiate the discussion with your doctor. Get it out of the way with no worries after.

This post was edited

I have a similar issue. I've had skin cancers (nothing major TG) and I have to go in every 6 months for a complete full body exam. My dermatologist and his team know that I'm a nudist and that I will gladly strip and lay on the table nude even with the nurse (male or female) there. They give me the usual gown to put on and I always remind them that its not necessary. It's not a problem. And I think they expect it. No one has ever said anything.

On another note; My dermatologist once told me to use a high SPF sun screen and stay out of the sun. I said Oh well Doc, I'm a nudist how is that possible. he patted my shoulder and said " We like repeat customers". LOL!

This post was edited

I wouldn't be too concerned. It's never been mentioned but once to me by a medical professional who was in the process of prepping me for a procedure. And the comment was that her job was made a lot easier and faster. Good chance in today's society that the person treating you too may be shaved or closely trimmed.

This post was edited

Its never an issue.

This post was edited

I've been smooth for most of my life. Only doctor who ever made a comment was when I was having hernia surgery. When he saw I was smooth he said great, that will save us time in prep. I get a physical every year and the doctor never said anything about being smooth but did comment on my pierced and tattooed dick. Mainly just ask if there was any irritation or soreness and that was it.

This post was edited