Just Being Curious!

I'm fairly new to nudism as a legitimate lifestyle. Its been a transformation in terms of letting go of the feeling of arousal being nude to just simply enjoying the feeling of complete liberation and freedom. So far only enjoying nudism in private at my home but soon planning a nude vacation. Recently, I went through a week that I didn't feel well at all. During that time, I didn't even care to be nude. Didn't even care to be. I actually began to question if the enjoyment of being nude had simply been a phase. As I began to feel better, I became active again and once again began looking forward to getting home and stripping my clothes. What I'm wondering, and this may seem stupid, is if some of you go through times that you just simply don't care to be nude, and is because of any particular reasons? I quess I'm curious as to how other nudist live they're lifestylse bc being on the site kinda gives an impression of all nude every day. Thanks for reading.

This topic was edited
RE:Just Being Curious!

None of us are nude all day every day. We have jobs, live in non-nudist communities, and have things to do outside of the home. It also gets cold. There are times when being nude is just not that important or changing in and out of clothing is a hassle. One thing about being a nudist is the sense of freedom to be the way you are and want to be at any given moment. Sometimes being clothed feels better.

This post was edited

Cold is a major one for me. Also community activities that I enjoy but require being dressed.

This post was edited

For many years I lived in the South, where the summers were sweltering. Nudity was on my mind a lot back then; as I couldn't wait to get home, get out of my sweaty clothes and just stay naked. My-then wife came to feel the same way, so we decided we might as well have a nude home. We didn't have much of a social life; so the decision to make the nudist community our social world came easily as well.

Now I live in the Midwest with my new wife. I have a very active non-nudist social life...and it's cold for a good part of the year. So nudity is a lot less on my mind and nudist socialization much less common. That doesn't mean I'm no longer a nudist; it just means I practice it more selectively.

Just because you're not a 7-day a week nudist or constantly have "nakedness on the brain" doesn't mean you're not a "true nudist." The important thing is to embrace being naked when the opportunity arises.

This post was edited

Admittingly, yes there are times and sometimes a day that I may be like you, not feeling well, troubled with worry or just having a mental thing going on that I just don't feel like I want to be nude. I usually come out of it faster though if I just get naked and back to my regular activities.

This post was edited

As an older nudist that has spent too many years with non-nudist companions, taking expensive vacations to textiled beaches where I didn't want to be, keeping clothes on inside my own home so as not to "offend" the little wife, I relish my nude life now. I manage to be nude 90% of my day while working on home projects inside and out.

Now of course in the dead of winter I will have to wear a long sleeve tee shirt and maybe even a pair of sweat pants on occasion but only because of necessity. I can't imagine going through a period of my life where I just didn't feel like being nude even when sick in bed. YMMV.

This post was edited

None of us are nude all day every day. We have jobs, live in non-nudist communities, and have things to do outside of the home. It also gets cold. There are times when being nude is just not that important or changing in and out of clothing is a hassle. One thing about being a nudist is the sense of freedom to be the way you are and want to be at any given moment. Sometimes being clothed feels better.

I appreciate you response, truly. I'm only a couple of years new to this lifestyle and I understand everything you mentioned. I'm from Atlanta, and for personal reasons I'm now living in rual Ms. so I definitely have to travel to enjoy anything social.

This post was edited

Cold is a major one for me. Also community activities that I enjoy but require being dressed.

Same here and at the ripe age of 46, I get cold easily. I appreciate you understanding the nature of my question. I'm science minded, two years new to the lifestyle, and while I realize there are no written rules to any lifestyle......I was just interested to know how likeminded people experience their lifestyle. Thank you.

This post was edited

Admittingly, yes there are times and sometimes a day that I may be like you, not feeling well, troubled with worry or just having a mental thing going on that I just don't feel like I want to be nude. I usually come out of it faster though if I just get naked and back to my regular activities.

I appreciate you're response. I think it's only natural that when someone comes into a fairly new lifestyle, there curious as to how others experience there same type lifestyles. Thanks for sharing.

This post was edited

As an older nudist that has spent too many years with non-nudist companions, taking expensive vacations to textiled beaches where I didn't want to be, keeping clothes on inside my own home so as not to "offend" the little wife, I relish my nude life now. I manage to be nude 90% of my day while working on home projects inside and out.Now of course in the dead of winter I will have to wear a long sleeve tee shirt and maybe even a pair of sweat pants on occasion but only because of necessity. I can't imagine going through a period of my life where I just didn't feel like being nude even when sick in bed. YMMV.

I honestly appreicate you sharing with me. A person that's fairly new in a different lifestyle, especially me, is always curious about how others experience their version of that same lifestyle and I'm just not affraid to ask. You're input is valuable and I thank you for sharing.

This post was edited