What is everyone doing with brewing lately?

I ordered a pump yesterday for transfer of hot wort. I like to brew in an apron, and lifting six gallons of near boiling liquid is probably not the safest practice. My cascade hops popped up this week and we put in some twine for them to climb. Cheers.

This topic was edited
RE:What is everyone doing with brewing lately?

I'm building a jockey box beer dispenser. I am not sure if there's a better name for it, but it is just a small cooler with a large stainless steel coil and a tap. I can fill it with ice and have cold beer. Should make for a nice evening on the lake in a secluded cove.

This post was edited

I am too lazy to brew my own beer. Plus I live in the micro brew capital so no need to brew my own.

This post was edited

you live in Portland now?

This post was edited

I'm building a jockey box beer dispenser. I am not sure if there's a better name for it, but it is just a small cooler with a large stainless steel coil and a tap. I can fill it with ice and have cold beer. Should make for a nice evening on the lake in a secluded cove.

Verry cool! And yes, that's what its called. So what type of beer do you brew?

This post was edited

Verry cool! And yes, that's what its called. So what type of beer do you brew?

This post was edited

What is the advantage of the jockey box over taking a small keg in a cooler? I have a single tap kegerator for corny kegs and use picnic taps and charge them with CO2 as needed. We have a gathering coming up in October and I was thinking I might have some Octoberfest Marzen ready to share.

This post was edited

A jocky box is used with 5 gallons or bigger kegs. The keg dosent need to be in a cooler (but sould be in an ice bath) when using a jocky box. The one negitive is its one more thing to clean.

This post was edited

Just kegged a Summer Ale, Gaarden Hoe, last night. It was my first pressure fermentation. I let it reach two points below final gravity, then sealed the fermenter. Two weeks total and it's carbonated and just about ready to drink.

This post was edited

So how did your keged beer go?

This post was edited

It's been a fresher version of Sam Adams Summer Ale. I was concerned about too much coriander at 1 ounce, but it was just about right. We're pleased with the result. We still haven't had time to brew our Oktoberfest marzen, next week I hope. Jim

This post was edited