Attention Muslim nudist

I am currently visiting a Muslim country and just heard the morning call to prayer ( 5:37am). This is a serious question I just thought of and hope that any discussion resulting from it is civil please. I was wondering if as a Muslim do you do your prayers nude and if so does your non-nudist Muslim friends know and what they think about it. Thanks for any insight.

This topic was edited
RE:Attention Muslim nudist

I I was wondering if as a Muslim do you do your prayers nude and if so does your non-nudist Muslim friends know and what they think about it.Do you pray to your God naked and tell your tribe you do so?

Yes to pray, rarely tell.

This post was edited

Do you pray to your God naked and tell your tribe you do so?

Yes to pray and yes many of my fellow Christian friends know and are fine with my nude lifestyle

This post was edited

My best friend is a nudist and Moslem. I ask him about his religion. He is not allowed to pray nude. I saw his mom praying once and she was wearing light clothes and her hair was covered.

Thanks for the info. I witnessed a Muslim praying on the plane yesterday. He had a small pray rug and had laid it out near a bulkhead. I know that the normal position is to face Mecca. We were flying from Dubai to Dakar which means we were heading west. He was bowing to the northwest which would have been the USA. The really odd part was that he was directly below a flight info screen that showed a world map and position of the plane.

This post was edited

This makes sense. A believer will not tell others what he puts into his prayers, right? They are very personal.

This post was edited

It's an interesting topic. There is basically no difference in the ways a follower of monotheism approaches his Creator. What makes a difference, is religious fundamentalism. Both christianity and islam have their strict, conservative departments. Fundamentalists are uneasy with social behavior and phenomenons concerning nudity, sex, homosexuality and other gender and physical issues, and even condemn them. Maybe they even wish babies are born decently clothed.

Around the world there are a few pastors and priests to be found who give sermons in the nude. The pictures to be found on internet usually show a naked - photographed from a discrete angle - clergyman before his clothed congregation. This means that the congregation accepts the priest's principles, but don't want to joint him themselves. If they don't accept his behavior, they will leave his church and join another one. I call these "faithful" ones hypocrites.

I'm not religious at all and often criticize religious ideas, but I admire and respect these priests. Naked in the eye of God- it makes so much sense!

No imam or mufti will ever do this. There is no mosque where men and women sit together to begin with. I don't have to tell anything about the fundamentalist way the muslims wives are being kept wrapped up, I guess, it's something most westerners have seen, and must abhor. Seeing a woman's flesh bared in even the most modest way is unacceptable for hardcore muslims, they consider it a very sinful act, and a threat to a man's "integrity", his libido and his reputation. That's utter, utter nonsense.
There is also a staggering haughtiness involved. "Only Me, her husband, is allowed to see My wife's intimacies." I;m not taking genitalsm I'm talking bare arms, a low neckline.
This even goes for the wife's "jewel", her hair.
These men have a god complex. But after twelve centuries, their misogynism has been cemented firmly into their society.

It's interesting to compare the Adam & Eve story in both bible and quran.
In the bible, Yahweh asked (retorically): "Who told thee that thou art naked". My favorite Old Testament quote.; the rationality in these words is breathtaking.
In the quran the story is told not much different, except that Allah never spoke these words. He let the two humans sew their body covers (leaves) together to hide their shame without giving a comment, he just gave them a general condemnation for not keeping to the Eden rules and for yielding to an uninvited stranger (the serpent)
What conclusion can you draw? That Allah never admitted that his intention was for Adam and Eve to be naked in the Garden always? Perhaps he just didn't find it relevant? Perhaps the first islamic scholars found it too relevant?
And also- Allah (like Yahweh) had foreseen that this would happen, right? The incident had been inevitable, so why waste words on the nudity matter!

With their taboo inventions, both muslim and christian conservatives went the totally wrong way. They probably think they deserve it, they are punished for their primarily sinning, and so they created - false - shame. Their natural procreation organs and feeding breasts became evil...
That's a horrible disposition.

More about the quran quotes can be found in this article:
https://www.answering-christianity.com/sami_zaatri/adam_eve_downfall.htm

This post was edited