Cam/mic access denied

I have tried to turn on my cam in chat and the final pop up is the one where one 'allow' access by the site to Adobe. It does not react when I press 'allow'. I use Safari and Firefox but it is the same result with both.
the cam and mic are fine when used in FaceTime ......
Any thoughts please to put this right ?
Thanks
Nysa

This topic was edited
RE:Cam/mic access denied

Should have said that shouldn't I ?? !!!

Mac

This post was edited

Thank you very much - you have at least set me on a road that might lead to success !
I shall let you know what happens !
Best regards,
Nysa

This post was edited

I had high hopes but I can still not turn on my cam in TN ........

This post was edited

Ran into the same problem a few months back. I was using Firefox and suddenly could not open cams in chat. Switched over to Google Chrome and everything works on both TN and TS. Only odd thing is that when I do open a cam and it asks for an ok on the Adobe part, I get logged out and then logged back in again. Other than that it works fine now.

This post was edited

...turn on my cam in TN...

Hi Nysa,

you may have already done this, but try going to your System Preferences, and under Security&Privacy/Privacy/Camera and Security&Privacy/Privacy/Microphone you can give explicit permission to Firefox to access the camera and mic.

Some apps are by default denied permission to access camera and/or mic.

Also, in System Preferences go to Flash Player/Camera&Mic/Camera&MicSettingsBySite, where you can see if truenudists.com is a blessed or blocked site.

This post was edited