Splash Day 2020

For those of us that must put our boats to bed for the long cold winter, Splash Day is the eagerly sought day that the boat re-enters the water. It can't come too soon for me. The Heritage sits on the hard for now (shrink wrapped of course).

This topic was edited
RE:Splash Day 2020

Ours is still in the water but.... For us, its the day that I wrap up the projects, fire up the motor and venture out to be naked on board. Still 4 long months away.
Nice to have the January thought though. Thanks John.

This post was edited

Post up your scheduled Splash date as soon as you know it. Mine not scheduled yet but these warm days are encouraging to go in early.

This post was edited

Post up a picture of your boat here on Splash Day. If you trailer, just pic a day you go out.

This post was edited

Post up your scheduled Splash date as soon as you know it. Mine not scheduled yet but these warm days are encouraging to go in early.

Mine goes in the water on monday.i know it's a little early but the weather will break soon

This post was edited

Post up your scheduled Splash date as soon as you know it. Mine not scheduled yet but these warm days are encouraging to go in early.Mine goes in the water on monday.i know it's a little early but the weather will break soon

What kind of boat do you have? Mine is on blocks on the hard and the yard is shut down. I'm not even legally allowed to drive into the State of Maryland (from PA). I'm totally bummed.

This post was edited

To splash or not to splash.........

Predictions on when things will begin to get back to normal are all over the place. Currently, all recreational boating is prohibited in MD other than moving the boat to its home port/marina. So, should we put them in and hope restrictions are lifted in time to have a boating season?

If restrictions are not lifted until Fall it might be better to just leave it on the hard and save the expense of hauling and shrink wrapping again. But these days it would be so great to just go there and hang out. What's everyone doing?

This post was edited

We live aboard, so in the water is the only option. But if we were in your MD shoes, I would probably still splash if the yard was willing. I actually like hanging out in the marina. It is a good way to be social and still socially isolate as long as you are in a good marina. Do boat projects and enjoy the sunshine.

We plan to spend the summer anchored at Collins Beach. Naked and isolated right?

This post was edited

Good advice. I'm leaning that way as well. My concern remains whether the State of MD will relax the travel restrictions. Currently, not permitted to enter the State at all. I expect that to get relaxed but not sure when.

This post was edited

Has anyone learned any news about recreational boating restrictions being lifted? My boat misses me!

This post was edited

John, I believe Gov Hogan said in Phase 1, currently scheduled for May 11, recreational boating would be allowed. That date is a hopeful date right now so we have to hope the curve continues to flatten.

This post was edited