Reopening of Apollo/Playalinda

Park Closed
The management team of Canaveral National Seashore, with guidance from the CDC and state and local public health authorities, is in the planning stages of increasing public access to the seashore. At this time there is no date for reopening the beaches.

This topic was edited
RE:Reopening of Apollo/Playalinda

Heres hoping they open soon. Given the trends with state and local parks and beaches reopening Apollo shouldnt be too far behind. If any beach is set for social distancing its this one! Miles of beach and limited parking.

This post was edited

You'd think! But no logic plays into this. Still no sign opening.

This post was edited

sadly you're right. no logic. Here we are 3 weeks after my "it shouldn't be long" note. *sigh*

This post was edited

I was in the area and hadn't been down that way in a while, so i decided i had time to go down toward Apollo this afternoon. I got to the end where they take the $10 and it had big poles in the road and signs saying "ROAD CLOSED"

I can take a hint. I turned around and drove on my way.

This post was edited

Friends of mine told me Apollo is open now, but with limited hours - noon to 8pm.

This post was edited

Friends of mine told me Apollo is open now, but with limited hours - noon to 8pm.

This post was edited

Canaveral National Seashore is Beginning to Increase Recreational Access to Beaches
Canaveral National Seashore will be moving forward with a phased re-opening of some areas of the beach access areas to include parking lots and boardwalks and restroom facilities beginning June 5, 2020, 12:00 PM - 8:00 PM.

This post was edited

I don't believe it is $10 anymore. Isn't it $20 entrance fee but the pass it good for 7 days.

When I went in March my pass had expired (duh) so I had $10 for a day but the ranger said that it is now $20 and it is good for 7 days.

Seemed strange to me.

This post was edited