Mt Baldy - Indiana National Lakeshore

Anyone have any experience on the Mt Baldy beach?? Just wondering and always looking.

This topic was edited
RE:Mt Baldy - Indiana National Lakeshore

Yes it gets quite crowded. They closed off the top of Baldy after a boy almost died in a strange sinkhole there a few years ago. They brought in all kinds of scientists but never determined the cause, it was as if the earth just swallowed him up. Now everything along the lakefront has changed due to the high water swallowing up not only beaches but houses and parking lots and then there's Covid. . .

This post was edited

Just wondering if anyone suns naked there?

This post was edited

No way too crowded for that. It used to be a party scene but they came down on alcohol.

This post was edited

We enjoy the beach nude about half way between Central Beach and Mount Baldy.

This post was edited

I laid out nude on Mount Baldy's beach for about half an hour before I had to cover with a thong this past Thursday afternoon. It's in the National Lakeshore, so theoretically there are no laws prohibiting nudity, but I'm not one to push my luck.

This post was edited

According to what I read Mt Baldy Beach allows nudity. However the park can prohibit nudity as long as it is posted. I don't see it in the Mt Baldy rules online. Never been there so not sure what is posted in the parking lot. The only caveat is a Disorderly Conduct clause that could be invoked if persons around you do not appreciate your activity.

" 2.34 Disorderly conduct.

(a) A person commits disorderly conduct when, with intent to cause public alarm, nuisance, jeopardy or violence, or knowingly or recklessly creating a risk thereof, such person commits any of the following prohibited acts:

(1) Engages in fighting or threatening, or in violent behavior.

(2) Uses language, an utterance, or gesture, or engages in a display or act that is obscene, physically threatening or menacing, or done in a manner that is likely to inflict injury or incite an immediate breach of the peace.

(3) Makes noise that is unreasonable, considering the nature and purpose of the actors conduct, location, time of day or night, and other factors that would govern the conduct of a reasonably prudent person under the circumstances.

(4) Creates or maintains a hazardous or physically offensive condition.

(b) The regulations contained in this section apply, regardless of land ownership, on all lands and waters within a park area that are under the legislative jurisdiction of the United States."

So the key is to get a group of TN'ers together and enjoy the day, in a naked way.

This post was edited

I cruised over to Mount Baldy on Friday morning. I got there about 10:30 or 11:00 Central. I was able to anchor right at the stream at the end of the beach away from anyone else when I got there. Laid out nude for about half an hour before I had to cover with a thong. I laid out in the thong for another hour and a half with people nearby. I finally just decided to cruise out about a mile and lay out naked on the bow.

This post was edited