RE:Nudist still shy

It is easy for someone who has always been comfortable being nude to join social nudism. For others it will need a series of incremental steps. For starters, you can not have a private profile and then fill in information as you become comfortable with it.

This post was edited

When I first became interested in social nudism I joined a local group. Because I didnt know any members I had to be vetted by the president. I went to his home and he greeted me at the door naked. I wasnt at all attracted to him and I felt awkward being clothed and stripped. Soon I had an erection. He just remarked that it was a common reaction to first social nude experience and soon it went down of its own accord. After that I realized nudism is liberating and Im actually much more sociable naked than clothed.

This post was edited

Here's a trick I've learned when I feel shy, awkward or scared of pain: I focus on something else. ... This trick works for me at the dentist as I imagine them drilling into my big toe.

I don't think I'd like them drilling into my big toe any more than my teeth! :-) :-)

No worries about nude beaches, though, just rock up, find a quiet spot, strip off, notice how no-one cares, enjoy.

This post was edited

I felt the same way the first time to a nude beach. Then I realized no one cared what I looked like. I dropped the shorts and all was good. Surprisingly easy.

This post was edited

I felt the same way the first time to a nude beach. Then I realized no one cared what I looked like. I dropped the shorts and all was good. Surprisingly easy.

Me, too.

This post was edited

The wife and I were in the same boat. We finally decided to go to the nude beach near us. We almost turned around several times before we got there but pushed thru. Once there we walked onto the beach and both agreed that it was surreal. We set up and I looked at her and said "It's like a bandaid. You just have to rip it off." I stripped and she did also. We quickly sat down. lol After about 20 minutes we were walking along the waters edge and feeling great. We haven't looked back. We both love it and usually are the first ones naked at any social setting.

This post was edited

Been there! Like many have posted it got to a point where I just decided to give it a go. I got to the beach, stripped down, and sat in the sand worried about any and everything. When you realize no one at the beach is there to judge or gawk, you become more comfortable and you dont think about it. Like many guys, you may worry about an erection. 1. roll over lay in the sand 2. you probably wont even think about it 3. everyone sports one from time to time as long as you dont wave it about no one cares. It will seem uncomfortable at first, but after 5 minutes, youll never want to go to any other beach.

This post was edited