How sheer is too sheer?

If you're on this site but still wear swimsuits (at least sometimes) your choice of suit may be on the daring side. One aspect that pushes the boundaries is the sheerness of the fabric.

In my, er, extensive collection I have the full gamut from just slightly sheer when emerging from the water to showing seams only while wet and some that are full-on sheer. Sometimes a print on an otherwise-sheer fabric disguises the fact on casual inspection.

I usually try not to show too much to anyone not expecting it but have worn semi-sheer-when-wet suits on reasonably busy days (perhaps by trying to emerge from the water in a spot that's less crowded) or full sheer-when-wet when we have a reasonable stretch of beach to ourselves. We once bumped into some conservative friends at the beach and I had just emerged from the water. I waited a few minutes before walking across to them, hoping the suit had dried enough. No one mentioned it, at least!

What have you dared to wear in what circumstances?

This topic was edited
RE:How sheer is too sheer?

i forgot i posted the blue adjustable one in the media part of the group , the other yellow thong at the beach i don't have no more i forgot it was pretty sheer too.

This post was edited

Was that Dore? Her suits got pretty wild. I have three from her, the boldest being 1/4" sides with a narrow 4" back (but not a thong) and a mildly pointy pouch. Not one which completely separates the shaft, but it does point forward with the shape showing through a little even when dry. I asked for it to be made in a tan colour to be close to skin tone. (You can probably see the look I was aiming for: not nude, totally legal, but worthy of a double-take.) Unfortunately she did not have that colour fabric and ordered the closest she had which was more towards orange and shinier. I agreed to that.

When I received the suit, the fabric turned out to be one with tiny orange dots fused all over to create a finish that is almost mirror-like. Very bold!

This post was edited

This is a pic of my favorite aussiebums. There white and very see thru when wet. Only this past summer started to wear them to public beaches

This post was edited

Perhaps that's the answer: can never be too sheer as long you can get away with it!

This post was edited

Perhaps that's the answer: can never be too sheer as long you can get away with it!

Definitely the answer.

This post was edited

:-D

This post was edited

This is a sheer look.

This post was edited