Inflatable kayaks

Anyone here has an inflatable kayak?
Been looking for one and it's hard. Many options but at the same time not. I want a sit in kayak but with open cockpit. Or a Convertible if possible. A kayak that can track somewhat good and it's good for winds and waves from boats.

This topic was edited
RE:Inflatable kayaks

I have two inflatable paddle boards. Love them, they are stable and very rigid. Im sure if you pick a top rated kayak from Amazon youll be happy. I can put a cooler on mine and sit on them. Lol

This post was edited

Yes I have the single rider blue and green Intek K-1 challenger inflatable kayak. I have taken it out on the Columbia River with some pretty high winds like 9 mph and scary waves but its much less scary if you go out with winds 6 mph or less. I havent flipped it in deep water yet but near shore a big wave tipped me once. Great Kayak to have in your trunk for an impromptu naked kayak excursion. Have fun and let me know if you have any other questions. I am happy to chime in!! Have Fun! Rog

This post was edited

Also check out Oru kayaks.

This post was edited

i'm no expert but just from the inflatable i have the trick to decent tracking is to put a Skeg on the back, i was able to buy one for mine but youtube some would make them

This post was edited

Thanks guys for the answers! I have check all of the kayaks you have mentioned before.

The intex k1 doesn't have any valves from the inside.

Oru was one that I really liked but the foldable dimensions
are too big to check in as luggage in a flight.

Yes, she's are good for tracking but not all skegs in kayaks are as good.

I have had some more research and have concluded with two brands in which one kayak of each brand got my interest.

I will update this when I buy one but meanwhile, please keep writing your opinions and maybe what inflatable kayak you have.
Looking forward to kayak nude with some of you!

This post was edited

I have a Sea Eagle tandem. Only bought it to take my wife out to see if she was serious about wanting to go out with me. Turns out she wasn't, lol. Also have taken the grandkids out on occasion. As far as I am concerned the only good thing about is that it is cheaper than buying a solid, well built tandem. Mine is definitely too large for taking with you by air.

This post was edited

I have a Sea Eagle tandem. Only bought it to take my wife out to see if she was serious about wanting to go out with me. Turns out she wasn't, lol. Also have taken the grandkids out on occasion. As far as I am concerned the only good thing about is that it is cheaper than buying a solid, well built tandem. Mine is definitely too large for taking with you by air.

I was considering the 385ft. Not sure yet.

This post was edited

Have a dual seat Intex Explorer inflatable that came with skeg for tracking. It inflates and deflates quickly is not too heavy and relatively easy to transport.

https://www.amazon.com/Intex-Explorer-2-Person-Inflatable-Aluminum/dp/B00A7EXF4C

This post was edited

Late last summer I bought an inflateable, a K1 (that's a classification not a model) from Pure Air, made by Aqua Marina. It had a separate drop stitch floor, usual PVC materials. Brand new, I had a leak in the floor, I took it back, ordered a new one. This one, had melted the floor exterior around where the skeg mounts were. Not bad, reparable, but problems from day one are not a good sign. I took it back. I did take out the first one before I found the leak and it was very slow and did not track well. I am a big boy and I was very near its weight capacity. From what I've learned from others, it can be far more enjoyable experience if you are not at the extreme limit. Also, the lower yo are to the water, your paddling may be affected having the paddle stroke the water further away from the Kayak, causing a turning force. End up oscillating back and forth.

My advice would be, get a yak with excess load capacity and cost. If you like this sport, you won't like some hard shell yak screaming by you with the paddler not working any harder than you. My 75 pound 14 foot fishing kayak is a dream to paddle but a near death experience to lug around. Having an inflateable I could throw in the back seat sure would be nice nice

This post was edited

Have a dual seat Intex Explorer inflatable that came with skeg for tracking. It inflates and deflates quickly is not too heavy and relatively easy to transport.https://www.amazon.com/Intex-Explorer-2-Person-Inflatable-Aluminum/dp/B00A7EXF4C

i have one similar and with the skeg it track pretty good but without i've seen them at the lake and they just spin in circles , might be a idea for the manufacture to throw a skeg in the box.

This post was edited