Naked in the Barracks

I lived in a 30 man bay for 6 months where the latrine and showers were at one end. Nobody every wore clothes walking from thier bunk and wall locker to the shower room and only about two guys wrapped a towel around them to do the walk. Well two for about the first few days and then they stopped bothering and walked to the showers nude like the rest of us

This topic was edited
RE:Naked in the Barracks

Times have changed, at least for basic training. Now males are only allowed to even change clothes in the latrine (super big no-no in the bay in case a female DS were to walk up there) and there are dividers between all the stalls and the showers. There was only about one or two of the younger guys that were willing to be seen nude while changing to get into the shower when I went through. The rest of the guys were terrified! Sounds like you were in during the better days.

That's insane
I was there just 12 years ago

This post was edited

Actual gyms on base still have large open showers (probably depends on the base and gym though); I obviously can't vouch for all the bases and how their basic is, but they're probably the same as what I had.

When and where did you go to basic....obviously not Benning. I went to Jackson and Ait at Sam Houston.

This post was edited

I did basic at Ft. Sill in 1990. It was like the first guy described. Not all, but most of us did walk naked from the bunk to the shower and back. We even stood naked at the sink to shave. After the first two weeks of basic the DS stopped waking us up in the night for one reason or another. So about a dozen or more of us started sleeping naked also. I am sorry to hear so much has changed.

This post was edited

I did Navy basic in 1981. Open bay and about 80 plus guys. Communal showers and no dividers at the crappers. We had very little time in the barracks. We had maybe 2 hours after training and drilling to "unwind" before lights out. Which just meant that the overhead fluorescent lights went out for red lighting. In the morning we had maybe 30 minutes to get out of the rack and lined up ready to go. I honestly dont recall how much nudity may or may not have gone on. We were all pretty much to tired to do more than get ready to hit the rack. I will admit that I started sleeping nude halfway through basic. I just kept a clean pair of skivvies under my pillow. One never knew when the company commander was going to come in.

This post was edited

Army basic in 1981, Ft Jackson SC with open bay / open showers. ours was one of the first Coed basic training programs, separate barracks but trained together. Female DS's were required to callout "female on deck" and wait 30 seconds to enter, we were often in just tighty whities some with a tee shirt. The male DS's had to do the same in the female barracks. Some of the females mentioned they were often just in bra and panties, and enjoyed watching the male DS's turn red faced. Remember this was in July and August in SC.

Ait Ft knox KY was open bay and shower.

Schweinfurt Germany had 2-4 man rooms with a communal latrine and open shower on each floor.

Ft Riley KS had 2-4 man rooms with communal latrine but individual shower stalls with curtains.

This post was edited

Times have changed, at least for basic training. Now males are only allowed to even change clothes in the latrine (super big no-no in the bay in case a female DS were to walk up there) and there are dividers between all the stalls and the showers. There was only about one or two of the younger guys that were willing to be seen nude while changing to get into the shower when I went through. The rest of the guys were terrified! Sounds like you were in during the better days.

I recall calling "at ease" and snapping to parade rest naked in the changing area by the showers. The drill sergeant laughed at me and told me that wasn't necessary and stared at my dick the whole time I was in there getting ready

This post was edited

I went to the Great Mistakes in 2013. The showers were still open bay, but the toilets had stalls. We weren't always allowed to use the curtains though because people did not know how to clean after themselves. We also ended up having to have a bathroom buddy with us too towards the end because people were still causing a mess in the bathroom. I could never figure out how 88 guys could not figure out how to keep the toilets clean after using them.

We weren't allowed to be naked outside of the showering area and toilet stalls. Some people would change in the stall. Most people would wrap a towel around their waist when they walked to the showers from the stalls. I thought it was funny because we still saw each other in the open bay showers.

A friend and I were the only ones that really walked nude from where we put our clothes in the bathroom to the showering area. We also stayed in the shower on Sundays during our holiday routine for an extra 15 minutes too; the extra 4 hours you got to do whatever you wanted in our living quarters. I usually showered to get all of the filth that never seemed to come off and wrote letters.

This post was edited

I went through USAF basic in '75 and it was all open bay with about 60 of us in our barracks. Open shower but had stalls for the toilets. Like someone else said, usually too tired to give much thought to it at the time. I lived off base at Keesler AFB. At the cornfield detachment in Nebraska, there were double rooms and communal shower. At Elmendorf AFB, private rooms for aircrew but still communal showers that saw some action from time to time. It was all good.

This post was edited

I went through basic in 1983 RTC Orlando, Fl. I remember 80 of us showering in very large open room with several shower heads on a pole,
where 6 of us wold be showering together at the same time at one pole. I remember everyone just trying to shower quickly to get the sweat from the humid area off our bodies before lights out. The toilets had stall sides but no doors, so no privacy on the crapper. The barracks were open with 20 bunks beds on each side of the room, zero privacy at all. Guys would be walking around naked or draped with towels. I remember seeing guys naked trying to iron their uniforms for the following day.
One time, about 20 of us were in the showers, it was late, and in walks in our company commander. I hear "push up position" and we all drop
in the showers to the ground holding a push up position as he yelled at us for reasons I dont recall. My hands were wet from soap and water and I remember slipping as I was knocking out the push ups. Some guys slept nude others in their underwear, I did both, keeping my underwear under my pillow just incase.

This post was edited

I went through basic in 1983 RTC Orlando, Fl. I remember 80 of us showering in very large open room with several shower heads on a pole,where 6 of us wold be showering together at the same time at one pole. I remember everyone just trying to shower quickly to get the sweat from the humid area off our bodies before lights out. The toilets had stall sides but no doors, so no privacy on the crapper. The barracks were open with 20 bunks beds on each side of the room, zero privacy at all. Guys would be walking around naked or draped with towels. I remember seeing guys naked trying to iron their uniforms for the following day.One time, about 20 of us were in the showers, it was late, and in walks in our company commander. I hear "push up position" and we all dropin the showers to the ground holding a push up position as he yelled at us for reasons I dont recall. My hands were wet from soap and water and I remember slipping as I was knocking out the push ups. Some guys slept nude others in their underwear, I did both, keeping my underwear under my pillow just incase.

I always slept nude while on the barracks as dod about a dozen other guys , we were rock hard in the morning and our company commanders would comment on us being hard but we had the balls to keep sleeping nude , we showered a couple of times a day , orlando can make a man sweat from every pore

This post was edited