Sarong

Just ordered my first sarong (short, above the knees). Mostly for home wear when I can't be nude, but would like to wear it in public also.
Any suggestions for where?

This topic was edited
RE:Sarong

While the sarong is comfortable, I find it as likely to fall off as a towel, if not more so.
Any suggestions for keeping it in place?

This post was edited

That's where I've found the over-one-shoulder style to work, although you need a large sarong (apparently 66" x 44"), and willingness to accept that one side's completely open.

If you're just wearing a sarong around the waist, perhaps something like a scarf clip (two clasps joined by a short strap or chain) may be the best solution, and just a little classy! I just checked Amazon and there appears to be a number of designs, or there may be one in the back of your dresser...

This post was edited

That's where I've found the over-one-shoulder style to work, although you need a large sarong (apparently 66" x 44"), and willingness to accept that one side's completely open.If you're just wearing a sarong around the waist, perhaps something like a scarf clip (two clasps joined by a short strap or chain) may be the best solution, and just a little classy! I just checked Amazon and there appears to be a number of designs, or there may be one in the back of your dresser...

Don't know if I would be bold enough to leave one side completely open.
Besides, I avoid wearing anything above the waist whenever I can.
Clip sounds like a good idea.

This post was edited

A sarong is a must have for me for the summer... sit on it, wear it about the house if people might drop in, take it to the beach... I'll add a small video that shows how I wear it... simple folds and rolls. I have to be exerting myself quite a bit for it to come loose...

This post was edited

Totally agree with Seeg555 his method or tie both ends Both work well.

This post was edited

Haven't tried the fold-and-roll method, but should. Does it work for a short sarong or do the folds 'use up' too much material?

This post was edited

Haven't tried the fold-and-roll method, but should. Does it work for a short sarong or do the folds 'use up' too much material?

Tried it once. OK while standing but shows too much when bending or sitting. My sarong is very short, about 12 inches.

This post was edited