RE:Outdoor shower

We have a cabin in Wyoming. It's pretty primitive. For a shower, I just use a solar shower hung in a tree. I built a little cedar platform to stand on and use a stump to set my shampoo and body wash on. When done, I just dry in the sun and dry Wyoming air. Best fricken showers ever!

This post was edited

Yes do a bathroom remodel out on the farm and plumbed hot water for power washer, used it for showering to put the back door under a tree.

This post was edited

There are many ways to do so which may have been previously posted. If along the house with plumbing, you can install an outside shower mixer as expensive option. Another option we are going to do for spring is install a second spicket attached to hot water line right next to an existing cold water spicket with hose. From there can make mixer connection from simple split valves from hardware store and fun a temporary shower head up the wall. We live in NH and freezing conditions so important to have frost free spicket or interior shut offs with a gravity drain valve before pipe to outside. Also strong consideration to soaking pit, dig down a foot or two and fill with rock or cover with cedar board to allow drainage,soak age into ground below the rock. Just have to be careful about types of soap and shampoo to have outside as biodegradable.

This post was edited

There are many ways to do so which may have been previously posted. If along the house with plumbing, you can install an outside shower mixer as expensive option. Another option we are going to do for spring is install a second spicket attached to hot water line right next to an existing cold water spicket with hose. From there can make mixer connection from simple split valves from hardware store and fun a temporary shower head up the wall. We live in NH and freezing conditions so important to have frost free spicket or interior shut offs with a gravity drain valve before pipe to outside. Also strong consideration to soaking pit, dig down a foot or two and fill with rock or cover with cedar board to allow drainage,soak age into ground below the rock. Just have to be careful about types of soap and shampoo to have outside as biodegradable.

This post was edited

We had an outdoor shower at one time. There was a mixing valve in the basement.
One winter I didn't properly drain the pipe properly and it froze and cracked under the concrete patio and we haven't been using it enough to justify the cost of repairs.

This post was edited

We purchased 3 homes in our married life. They ALL had outdoor showers. The first was a Price Club outdoor shower that connected to a garden hose. The second was also a Costco outdoor shower but it was a better quality with a teak platform and a foot shower head. This shower I had a friend run hot and cold water to, so we had hot showers at night and on cold days. I think we used this outdoor shower much more than the shower in our master bath. The current outdoor shower is tiled to match the pool tile. It has its own dedicated hot water heater. I tend to use this shower almost exclusively. My wife is using it more and more and not just on warmer days.

This post was edited

Awesome. I had to slow down on the project so Im looking to have it completed before spring. Life happened so I took a step back. I will have an outdoor shower up soon enough though.

This post was edited

Look at the pics on my profile: I bought a unit that I used on my outdoor wall adjacent to the hot water heater so I could tap into cold and hot lines (using cut off valves to turn off water in winter, and as you can see from the pics and one video, it turned out great. The view while taking my shower of the Grand Valley was always awesome. My advice? Find a spot near an existing outdoor wall that has already been piped to an indoor shower and tap into that. Best of Luck.

Don

This post was edited

It's Winter and cool here in So Cal. I have changed up my routine, when possible, and take my outdoor shower a little earlier in the day. We get an afternoon breeze accompanied by the cooler temps which make an outdoor shower a little chilly. Unless we've been in the hot tub, my evening outdoor showers have been taken before 5p. If we've been in the hot tub, then our outdoor showers continue at night.

This post was edited

Had to resort to showering indoors this week. Cold, windy and rain off and on. I've got some decisions to make with the outdoor shower. I currently have a 7gal water heater and it's barely enough for both of us to take a proper shower. A rinse off shower is fine but for us to soap up, wash or hair, I end up finishing with cold water and in winter, that's just asking too much! hahaha

I'm considering a tankless water heater but the place for it is tight. I could just buy a larger water heater, maybe 10 gals but I like the idea of a tankless with unlimited hot water.

Any thoughts and suggestions on what you have and how it's working out?

This post was edited