2023 WNBRs

Organizers of WNBR, please, if you can, set up/schedule the rides separate days.

Some people want to join many WNBRs in different locations but most WNBRs were spread during the same two days! (JUNE11TH and JUNE 25TH).

Please set a date for each and one of them separately.

Thank you!

This topic was edited
RE:2023 WNBRs

Being someone that has done 6 of them this summer, Austin TX, Madison WI, Milwaukee WI, Chicago IL, Montreal QC (2 rides) and plan on doing 3 more St.Louis (this weekend) Philadelphia on the 27th and Houston 9/10, I agree with you, but there is a spread throughout the summer. Milwaukee and Chicago were on the same day. Milwaukee set their date on 6/25 in the afternoon seeing it as an open date a week after Madison. Chicago usually did their ride on the traditional second Saturday of June, but switched it to the 25th because a poll of riders said they would prefer a later date since it is a night ride and can still be quite cool that early in the summer. I had planned on doing Madison and Chicago and making a week trip of it. When at the Madison ride, I met the organizer of the Milwaukee ride and he said that since the Milwaukee ride ended at 6 and the Chicago ride started at 8 it would be possible to do them both. I tried it and succeeded. so it worked out well. 3 rides in 8 days, 4 rides in 15 days! This worked out well for me
What I would like to see is more coordination between the ride organizers to have rides in their region a week apart especially on the west coast. I kind of went crazy this year since I just retired and will throttle it back a bit next year, but if there were 2 west coast rides a week apart I would go for it.
I would also like to see Toronto do their ride a little later in the summer. Having lived in Central NY state for most of my life, I know it can be chilly by local standards and downright cold by my wimpy Florida boy standards.
Another thing would be if 2 regional rides did one on Saturday and another on Sunday

This post was edited

Being someone that has done 6 of them this summer, Austin TX, Madison WI, Milwaukee WI, Chicago IL, Montreal QC (2 rides) and plan on doing 3 more St.Louis (this weekend) Philadelphia on the 27th and Houston 9/10, I agree with you, but there is a spread throughout the summer. Milwaukee and Chicago were on the same day. Milwaukee set their date on 6/25 in the afternoon seeing it as an open date a week after Madison. Chicago usually did their ride on the traditional second Saturday of June, but switched it to the 25th because a poll of riders said they would prefer a later date since it is a night ride and can still be quite cool that early in the summer. I had planned on doing Madison and Chicago and making a week trip of it. When at the Madison ride, I met the organizer of the Milwaukee ride and he said that since the Milwaukee ride ended at 6 and the Chicago ride started at 8 it would be possible to do them both. I tried it and succeeded. so it worked out well. 3 rides in 8 days, 4 rides in 15 days! This worked out well for meWhat I would like to see is more coordination between the ride organizers to have rides in their region a week apart especially on the west coast. I kind of went crazy this year since I just retired and will throttle it back a bit next year, but if there were 2 west coast rides a week apart I would go for it.I would also like to see Toronto do their ride a little later in the summer. Having lived in Central NY state for most of my life, I know it can be chilly by local standards and downright cold by my wimpy Florida boy standards.Another thing would be if 2 regional rides did one on Saturday and another on Sunday

I know it would be expensive to travel, but have you ever considered London? I have read that it is quite an event.

This post was edited

Now that you have completed your summer WNBR tour, are there any rides that you found especially good or only fair?

This post was edited

They all were good in unique ways and most had things that could be improved. St Louis had an awesome block party before and after the ride with a huge turnout of riders and spectators, but only about 10-15% of us rode totally nude. I almost missed the Madison ride after driving 1500 miles to get there since I got a flat tire on my bike. They do not announce a route and their policy is "If you don't make it on time, try again next year. Also since the route is kept top secret, there were hardly any spectators for the first couple miles. It all changed once we hit the Capitol Circle area but that was more because of a farmers market type thing. Austin was great and having Hippie Hollow to visit while there was a big plus. Montreal was great as usual, i did both the afternoon and night rides and having 100% police cooperation was great Riding through the Gay Village, especially on the night ride was met with great enthusiasm. Philly was great... and huge. Thousands of riders. Milwaukee was fun. Block party before and after the ride. The organizer used St Louis as an inspiration. The weather was not great so the rider count was low, and I left right after the ride to Haul ass to Chicago for their ride that I made it just in time. Chicago ride was fun again large turnout and went down the gay area Boystown? I enjoyed them all, and wish I could have gone to Houston 9/10 but it would have just been too much both time and money wise.
I most likely will throttle it back a bit next year unless I get a big financial windfall. i most likely will do 4 or 5 of them

This post was edited

If you were to limit yourself to 5, which ones would you choose?

This post was edited

Way too early to determine that, since the dates have not been announced for a lot of them. Most likely I won't do any repeats of any one of the rides I have done in the past and will probably do at least 1 west coast ride. I will probably start planning around March or April

This post was edited

Way too early to determine that, since the dates have not been announced for a lot of them. Most likely I won't do any repeats of any one of the rides I have done in the past and will probably do at least 1 west coast ride. I will probably start planning around March or April

Will you limit yourself to the US and Canada to avoid flying overseas? London is supposed to be quite an event and is a very bike friendly city in general. Riding on the opposite side of the road could be tricky.

This post was edited