RE:Are Boners Contagious?

I totally agree. Have been at Haulover a couple times where someone starts playing with themselves and gets boned. I instantly get the same reaction.

This post was edited

Ntx, you missed the part where the OP wanted to specifically talk about erections not brought on by handling the penis. The discussion is about men who become hard without any physical touching and then others around them see the erection and their body starts to react the same - without assistance. Discussion of a circle jerk session at the beach is the exact opposite of this topic.

In addition, another poster mentions the obvious part about men who are attracted to other men. In circumstances which are conducive to it, when bisexual/homosexual guys are together, naked or not, to me it seems to be a given that some of them will likely become aroused. Sexual attraction is still only a side attraction for this topic, but I am glad someone brought it up. A bunch of straight nude men getting hard because one did is a thing I do not quite understand, and that is why I'm taking the time to add my thoughts.

I recall reading a novel which brought up something I'd never heard of before I read it, and a point which may only be in the author's mind, so bear with me. Tom Robbins' 'Jitterbug Perfume' talks of sailors leaving port for an extended sail, and the further away they get from their home port, the more sexually interested in each other they become. I postulate that when men don't have women around, even the ones who consider themselves heterosexual will do things to feel good, including beginning to look to other men for an outlet if that's all there is around the ship. Could this be part of the issue this subject is caused by? I'm still having a difficult time believing this body-to-body transference of stiffness isn't almost all sexually-driven, even though the initial hard-on might be sexually-innocent.

I know some of the posters here have brought up the point that this 'rolling boner' phenomenon happens to them even in mixed groups, so I look forward to more discussion. Please do stick to the topic. If you're touching it, you're in the wrong thread.

I totally agree. Have been at Haulover a couple times where someone starts playing with themselves and gets boned. I instantly get the same reaction.

This post was edited

As wild said, yeah you completely went off topic dude. And yes some of you have stated that gay and bi men can grow erect but I believe thats for sexual purposes. Im just talking about in general as the story up above states he was just doing his normal naked thing and happened to notice a penis start to grow and his did too.

I was once at shangri la resort in north Phoenix years ago and went during the week on my day off and its usually very quiet up there. I believe it was late February so sun during the day felt great but night got chilly. Anyway I get to the pool area (not the volleyball pool) and set up camp and about an hour or so I notice its just me and three other gents. We were all sitting sort of far apart but could still say hey beautiful day. I close my eyes and zoned out. A few mins later I open my eyes and look to the left and the dude I was closest to he was chatting with another dude standing facing each other and one of them started growing erect and I took my headphones off to overhear what they were talking about. The dude he was talking to started growing as well and then mine did and they were just talking about four wheeling in the Sedona red rock country Seemed very natural when we all noticed we were erect and had a good look and laugh and they went down and back to whatever it was. The point (no pun intended) was no harm no foul just healthy males have that energy and sometimes things like this happen.

Hope this sheds some light on why I think boners are contagious and not every time one pops up to point the way is sexual.

This post was edited

I BELIEVE AS A PHYSICIAN NUDIST THAT WHEN MEN ARE TOGETHER AND RELAXED AND ONE OF THEM GETS A HARD ON IT DOES EFFECT THE OTHER MEN AND THEY BEGIN TO GET HARD ALSO! WHY, I AM NOT CERTAIN, PERHAPS IT IS A WAY TO COMPETE WITH OTHER MALES ERECTIONS OR NOT TO HAVE THEM THINK YOU CANNOT GET A HARD ON! I TRULY DO NOT NOW THE ANSWER TO THAT, BUT I KNOW WHEN I HAVE BEE NUDE AROUND OTHER NUDIST GUYS AND SOME GET A BONER I DO TOO!HICKGUY M.D.

Why are u screaming in all caps????

This post was edited

I think it happens because of what you see, is it because you find an erect male erotic that causes you to also get an erection? I can say by experience that I have gotten an erection while looking at other males who are erect. So, I think it's just something that happens whether looking at a male or female, you find it erotic so get erect. I consider myself straight with a touch of Bi-curious but still get erect at another erect male. There is no shame in it.

This post was edited

I agree...It just happens...Seeing another hard one sets off something.

This post was edited

I agree!

This post was edited
Are Boners Contagious?

I am convinced it is a very normal reaction. I get a semi erection as soon as a friend is having one, or the opposite he will get one when my dick is not down

This post was edited

I can't remember where I learned this, but I think it might be true. The reason boners are contagious goes back to the caveman days, when just like other mammals, the males would compete to produce the most offspring. So - if your average caveman saw another with an erection, he would also get one in case he could also get a try at the female. It's non-rational instinctive response behavior. You still see it in the great apes, whales and other large mammals.

This post was edited

I believe it is a sexual thing. If I see a hard on I naturaly get hard thinking about it. Usually that I wish I was that big or how it would feel

This post was edited