RE:New gym, new environment

As a nudist we should be setting an example that it is acceptable to be naked in the locker room. Being the first one sometimes makes other guys more acceptable to the idea to do the same. I have seen this happen in the steam room and sauna for being the first naked guy using them. Also have seen this happen while leaving the shower curtain open while showering and the other guy sometime will do the same. So if in doubt, just do it and show the other guys that you are not afraid of having others see you naked.

This post was edited

I agree!

This post was edited

Same at my gym. Just us baby boomers are comfortable being nude in the mens locker room. Most of the younger guys do not shower at the gym. Okay if you're going right home. Not so great if you are running other errands after a gym workout. Who needs to smell your sweaty gym clothes and body after a workout? I did convince one young kid to stop doing a PT bath of his upper body at the sink with paper towels and hand soap. Now he brings in a towel and body wash and showers before he heads to work. Going naked in a mens locker room does not make you gay. azskinnyguy

This post was edited

Wow, the things you describe correspond precisely to what I do in the locker room at my gym. I'm of the same generation as you. I actually see acting casual about nudity in a locker room as a lesson to other guys, especially the younger ones. They need to see that gender-segregated social nudity in such a place is NO BIG DEAL. I also notice a more casual attitude about nudity on the part of guys who grew up in countries other than this one. Thanks for providing such good details about how you perform routine actions in the locker room.

This post was edited

I just joined a gym (VASA) since it has a pool and is in multiple states I'm in most. Would prefer to just use the rec center near me since it has open showers but they currently have a shortage of lifeguards so available pools hour don't work for may. Anyways, I kinda wish I would have taken a full tour before joining. The locker room and shower set up is just horrible in my opinion.

There are only 5 showers and each on is the longer stall type with an actual door. It seems like they built them with the idea of those who take all their stuff to the showers with them, but there isn't a bench for them to put their bag/clothes on nor anything to prevent whatever they took would take into it from getting wet when the shower is actually on. Hooks for a towel of course were on the inside as well.

The placement of the sinks just also doesn't make sense to me. They are in an inconvenient place in regards to wanting to finish with morning routines (brushing teeth, shaving, or even styling hair) after showering. You have to walk around a wall, which easily could have sinks on it since it already has a shelf and mirror on the whole thing.

Basically I think the place was built for those that go to the gym in their workout clothes and leave without using the amenities. Maybe I'll try another location that isn't too much further away, otherwise I don't think I'm going to keep my membership for very long and will just try to alter my schedule to make the rec center work

Really makes me miss the gym I went to during my time in the Netherlands which had open showers and the sauna/spa area was nudity required even though it was co-ed (the sauna/spa part but not the locker room shower). In general the US is just weird when it comes to nudity

This post was edited

I've been in both types. I prefer old school YMCA or old school gyms.

This post was edited

I've been in both types. I prefer old school YMCA or old school gyms.

Wound that include swimming and possibly doing other athletic activities nude?

This post was edited

I went to the gym this morning. After I worked out, I went back to the locker room. I stripped completely nude at my locker, walked to the shower nude, took a shower and then walked back to my locker nude. I even dried off in the common area outside of the shower. Unfortunately, the gym I go to has individual showers. I would love it if they had one big shower room. But most of the newer gyms just have individual showers. I was a little nervous because all the other guys have a towel wrapped around their waist when they walk to and from the shower. But no one said anything. I am glad I walked to and from the shower naked, even though no one else does. It is funny to watch other guys get dressed and undressed while trying to keep a towel around their waist. It is so much easier just to get completely naked.

This post was edited

I went to the gym this morning. After I worked out, I went back to the locker room. I stripped completely nude at my locker, walked to the shower nude, took a shower and then walked back to my locker nude. I even dried off in the common area outside of the shower. Unfortunately, the gym I go to has individual showers. I would love it if they had one big shower room. But most of the newer gyms just have individual showers. I was a little nervous because all the other guys have a towel wrapped around their waist when they walk to and from the shower. But no one said anything. I am glad I walked to and from the shower naked, even though no one else does. It is funny to watch other guys get dressed and undressed while trying to keep a towel around their waist. It is so much easier just to get completely naked.
Do you ever shave nude?

This post was edited

I have never shaved nude. It sounds kind of interesting, though. I did see other guys shaving nude at another gym that I used to go to.

This post was edited