Four Seasons vs. Ponderosa.

The Four Seasons is owned by a property management corporation. It's managers are not nudists. I'm not sure whether it will be nudist, clothing optional, or textile resort for 2011. I heard all kinds of rumours. It probably will be decided on a year by year basis.
Quite a bit of the Four Seasons has fallen in disrepair in recent years. The new owners renovated and redesigned the club house, but some of the property has been condemned by the City of Hamilton like the deck overlooking the pond.

The Ponderosa is a friendly resort with a owner and management who will ask you how things are going. It has gotten more people over the last few years because of the uncertainty at the Four Seasons.

This post was edited
RE: Four Seasons versus Ponderosa

Thx for your reply and I have seen the web sites. But what I want to find out is how is the attendance in the off season. My wife didn't like it the first time we went to Four Seasons. We were the only ones there besides the employees and they were all dressed. I was lucky to get her to go again and wish to avoid that from happening again.

This post was edited

I've been to 4 seasons a few times in the off season. It was always kinda quiet

This post was edited

We have visited four seasons twice and both times got into trouble with there indoor pool. We camped at Ponderosa for a couple of years but cost have gone up. both are centered around drinking abd obaying liquor laws. We are now enjoying Lilly Valley ,smaller cheaper and nicer.

This post was edited

I would be curious to know what you did to get into trouble?

This post was edited
Ponderosa

Ponderosa was the first resort I went to, just this summer, and I quite enjoyed it. Don't have anything to compare it to, and there weren't any events going on, but it was still a nice place to just hang out. It wasn't super busy, but me and my girlfriend definitely weren't the only ones there. Management was really friendly, as were the other guests we talked to. Will be going back next summer for sure.

This post was edited
RE: Ponderosa

We have visited both resort extensively in the summer for the past 7 years. We tended to go to the 4S more for the camping, prices, friends. Then it sold and the prices jumped way up. Then the second new, and current managers took over and it has suffered. While some repairs have been done, the management is not good. It went from nude, to clothing optional and next spring it will go textile. This news from the main owners group. It is very sad.
Try the Pond, great people, good facilities, etc. We especially like the swim up bar and conversation pool that was added a few years back.
We have not gone off season, but I'm sure you will enjoy it.

This post was edited
RE: Ponderosa vs. Four Seasons?

Well the 4 is going textile as of May 2011 so there is only the Ponderosa in Freelton, Lilly Valley in Fort Erie and Sunny Glades in Bothwell left.

This post was edited

Well the 4 is going textile as of May 2011 so there is only the Ponderosa in Freelton, Lilly Valley in Fort Erie and Sunny Glades in Bothwell left.
There is also Bare Oaks near Newmarket just northeast of the Toronto metro area. That is probably closer to the Niagara Penninsula and western NY than Sunny Glades.

This post was edited

The Bare Oaks was already mentioned by somebody else but you are right. It is one the best clubs now left in Ontario. There are also some non-landed clubs in various cities and Hanlan's Point nude beach in TO.

This post was edited