Alberta Locations

Please post Alberta locations here

This topic was edited
RE: Alberta Locations

Two landed clubs: Helios outside of Edmonton near Tofield and Sunny Chinooks near Sundre. Don't know about any beaches. Anyone else?

This post was edited

Tofield - Helios Nudist Association -https://www.heliosnudistassociation.ca/
PO Box 8 Site 1 RR#2
Tofield AB T0B 4J0
(780) 662-2886
e-mail - helios.memberships@gmail.com

This post was edited

Calgary- Sunny Chinooks -https://www.sunnychinooks.com/

Box 43056 Deer Valley Postal Outlet
1221 Canyon Meadows Drive
Calgary AB T2J 7A7
(403) 274-8166
e-mail - sunchinooks@yahoo.ca

This post was edited

I hate to give up my exact spots as I have some friends and a wife who aren't too into the "social" side of "social nudity" yet, but with a little exploring, there are many opportunities to go nude along the Pembina River about an hour west of Edmonton. Even nude tubing in the summer.

This post was edited

Hi, I have done simmilar at the Little Smoky river and Waskahegan rivers near Little Smoky Alberta. Even though I had a lot of privacy and did not meet anyone, at least not out of the water. Once I had my waist level below water one had to look closely to realize that I was not wearing anything.
It sort of bothers me that Alberta is one of the only provinces that does not have a designated areas for this form of recreation. As you are most likely aware of there are two memeber groups in Alberta. There is nothing like Wreckbeach in BC. BC has several areas for nude recreation. I was born in the Netherland and spent a lot of time in Norway, Finland and Germany. Germany was not quite as open as Norway and Finland. While on my summer vactions with my parents and younger brother, I was able to spent a lot of time being nude.
Currently I'm on an acreage and have had the good fortune of being nude on my property out back. I have some health problems, one of those being the fact that I have a suprapubic catheter in. I also have neurological problems where stading is a problem as well as limited vision.
It is my hope that someone will take onthe following task. I would like to contact the city of Edmonton to designate an area for nude recreation. I'm just looking for an erea in Edmonton where nudity is allowed without having to belong to some sort of group. Wreckbeach in BC being an example. Saskatchawan and Manitoba as well as many other provinces have designated areas. I'm not sure if things have to be started at the City of Edmonton or if the Alberta goverment needs to be contacted in regards to this. Due to the fact that I canno longer drive or travel on my own together with vision problems make it extremely difficult for me to start something. I know of sucluded areas in the Edmonton river valley or some of the parks that could be designated for this form of recreation. Why is Alberta one of the only provinces that does not have a designated public area for nude recreation. I'm sure that there are many fellow Albertans who would love a designated area for this as well.
I believe that my collecting signatures from people or a people's pole on the web, that an interest for an area like this can be established. With all signatures collected or by responces to a web pole, the Alberta government can be made aware that a designated area like this is required. For myself it would just be me who would be interested, my wife and children have no interest. Because of this it is hard for me to become a member of the established two groups in Edmonton. Being on a disability pension, I also do not have the funds to take up a memberhsip.
Itis my hope that others will see this repy and that some will take this task on.
Sincerly,
Ron

This post was edited

The number of nude recreation locations in Alberta is greatly disappointing.

This post was edited

Hey everyone! Just wanted to see if anyone here was planning on going to Helios for the long weekend. It will be our first time there, and her first time ever in a social setting. Both looking very forward to it, just wanted to see if any of you might be there!

This post was edited

I would love to go to Helios, but they are at their maximum for single males so I can't go.

This post was edited

A great place to spend a naked afternoon is Barrier Lake in
Kananaskis country. Right now, the water level is low and it is easy to
walk over some distances; it will rise later in the summer as the
reservoir level is raised. The north end of the lake gets some foot
traffic and may not be the best place to go nude. I paddle to the south
end of the lake and there are several spots to land and strip off. You
can also hike down from the highway to the south end of the lake.
On
the south end of the lake, on the east side, there is a grassy area
where there are a couple spots with logs arranged for private sunning. I
put up a small "nude beach" sign at that spot last Wednesday, hoping
more people will be nude at that end of the lake. Over the last couple
years, I have seen several people nude in that area - some more discrete
than others. If you pick the right spot on the shoreline, you can see
other boats coming up the lake and decide how discrete you want to be.
The only drawback right now is that the boat launch site is closed for
construction so you have to put in near the dam.

Last Wednesday, I saw one other kayak and one walker at the south
end of the lake. Both must have seen the nude beach sign and I only
got friendly hellos as they went by while I was nude behind the privacy
screen.
Some posters on this forum are coy about identifying
specific locations for being nude. I would like to see lots of nude
people on Barrier and it becoming a known location of choice for nude
paddling, picnicing and sunning. Hence, my description of my favorite
spot. Hope you join me sometime.

This post was edited

Excellent write-up for the Barrier Lake location! I've been looking for a place like this to try this summer, and even though it's a LITTLE farther than I planned, it still sounds like a great place. Might have to check it out in July sometime. Thanks!

This post was edited