RE:Artic blast '22

46 degrees 12 noon southeast GA wind gusting up to 38mph has dropped 9 degrees in the past5.5 hours .....COLD!!! No outdoor nude time today here.....but sure is inside!!!

This post was edited

Cold and windy in Detroit!

This post was edited

I just checked the thermometer outside and it's 27'F @ 6PM in north Florida. The projected low is 17'F; I think the local weatherman may have been just a bit optimistic in his forecast. Let's hope he's correct.

This post was edited

Hope Atlanta is a bit warmer when I visit next month

This post was edited

Well, it's still a bit cooler than normal here. We usually get high 30s (100+F) at this time of year rising to low to mid 40s (104-113F) in January. I'm sure there are areas that get that hot in the USA but I'm not in the hottest part of Australia.

This post was edited

8c and sunny with a cool breeze here.

This post was edited

I missed the thread when we were at our coldest, but at noon on Friday we were all the way up to -8F with a wind chill making it feel like -32F. Right now we are up to +6F with the wind chill feeling like -12F.

This post was edited

The wind and snow stopped overnight, but the temperature was -3 F this morning and is - 1 F now. Snow was brutal even for those of us who expect a lot of it. Can't say what the official count was at this time, but I spent hours in the tractor with the snowblower running. Hit one drift that was between five and six feet deep. Many were in the three to four foot range.

This post was edited

The sun finally came out in SW FL and am sailing and soaking up the sun after out 48 degree deep freeze.

This post was edited

Finally got to see that 28.9 inches were recorded at our NWS station. That's a lot, but I have witnessed more in years past.

This post was edited