RE:Would you go to an art gallery nude?

Yes, I'd go. I've seen photos from these events from the east coast, everyone was having a great time.

Are you talking about the east coast of the USA? What events are these?? I live on the east coast of the USA. I'd love to go to one.

This post was edited

We've been to the Getty. While walking around, we both commented to each other that it would be the perfect venue for a nude event. With the ability to close it off and have a private function for nudists, I think you'd get more people to pay to visit nude than they would think. Italy's museums make sense to have nude events, but I doubt that would ever happen.
My thoughts exactly! Was the first thing I thought about when I was there some years ago

This post was edited

Absolutely! I am writing some short stories about nudists and that scenario comes up. The characters talk about having a nude viewing at the Dali Museum in St. Pete, Florida, as he had a lot of nudes in his works.

This post was edited

Sure if it was posted "Clothing Optional".

This post was edited

From what I've read by people who have gone to nude events at art museums, art museums are kept cool in order to preserve the artwork and it becomes uncomfortable to be naked in that environment quickly. It's probably one of those things that seems like it would be a lot more fun than it ends up being.

This post was edited

If an art gallery has to use a gimmick to get people in to view the art.

Then maybe it should display better art.

This post was edited

If an art gallery has to use a gimmick to get people in to view the art.Then maybe it should display better art.

I don't think it is about the quality of the art as much as it is about bringing in a wider range of clients.

This post was edited

If an art gallery has to use a gimmick to get people in to view the art.Then maybe it should display better art.I don't think it is about the quality of the art as much as it is about bringing in a wider range of clients.

Difficult to say. I doubt if many people who appreciate art would not go to a museum simply because they couldn't be nude. Also for female dancers and models, those with less talent often perform with less or no clothing.

This post was edited

I have done that

This post was edited

Back in 2013 a small local museum (ESMoA) invited our non-landed club (SCNA) to have a nude event in their museum to compliment their exhibit of nude artwork. We repeated that event in 2015. In addition we've participated at the NudeLA art event mentioned earlier by Mizoka and Doneright (who we got to meet). Every year except the Covid years we've hosted a Scavenger Hunt at the Getty Museum. Unfortunately we can't be nude there, but the hunt is based around answering questions about all the nude artwork in the various pavilions.

This post was edited