RE:Have you answered your door nude?

I live textile free, and I dont have a problem answering the door nude, especially if someone is rude enough to ignore the no solicitation sign on my door and disturbing my peace to sell me solar or security systems (and I have done it, too. They dont come back). But for everyone else - delivery drivers, anyone NOT trying to sell me something, I put something on out of respect to them. They dont deserve to be made uncomfortable by my nudity. Its just polite.

This post was edited

No, and that includes scheduled visits at our site at a nudist resort. I had to meet the cable technician at the resort front gate and show him how to get to our site, so I was dressed until he left. That didn't stop others from walking by our site nude, since it was opening day and the weather was nice. The technician told me he had been to the resort before and knew what to expect.

ya know, I did answer the door naked one other time! This last post reminded me of that incident.

We were staying at our club and noticed an ad on the bulletin board for RV washing and detailing. Since we were going to be there for several days, I booked a wash. We were there, primarily, so that I could empty all our storage compartments, clean them and re-org all our "camping" stuff.

We were inside having lunch when there was a knock on the screen door. It was the detailer. I answered our RV door, naked, and then told him what we wanted. It wasn't that big a deal since several other naked campers either walking around or sitting outside their RV's. He's a regular at our club so he's seen it all before.

This post was edited

Sort of...I had a unbuttoned baseball jersey when my neighbor stopped by to drop off some juice she picked up for me. Between the not being buttoned, the wind, and having to squat to get the bag everything was hanging out. Stood up and thanked her then the wind opened up everything else. She got an eye full. hours later I apologized but I really dont care.

This post was edited

No, and that includes scheduled visits at our site at a nudist resort. I had to meet the cable technician at the resort front gate and show him how to get to our site, so I was dressed until he left. That didn't stop others from walking by our site nude, since it was opening day and the weather was nice. The technician told me he had been to the resort before and knew what to expect.

We've heard the staff at the front office/counter ask some of the residents to cover up when they come to the office. UPS, USPS, vendors, service people check in and are greeted by clothed office workers. The residents can pick up mail, small packages and a few store items and typically they do so naked. This, apparently, at times, takes these outside workers by surprise. One resident got quite irritated with the request that he made quite a issue out of it. The delivery guy was apologetic which made the office worker upset with the resident. The resident had valid points, but it seemed as though he was trying to make those points at an unreasonable expense. Thing is, he apparently doesn't go down to the office all that much. His wife usually gets all that stuff and she always wears a sarong.

This post was edited

Yep Andy, I remember the policy there at GE. When I moved to Colorado and lived in a wilderness area, I was naked 24-7 unless I had to go into town. Neighbor and his kids saw me naked all the time when I was outdoors, as well as his friends who would drive by to visit him (he lived beyond me and had an easement through my property), and was caught by the UPS guy on several occasions while nude outside. Hey! Diving behind a cactus is NOT an option! Anyway, I did answer the door nude on several occasions since I had a warning sign on the door. Last time to a dude who was delivering my luggage that was lost from a flight. And yes, once to some JW's who I can not believe they ignored the sign. To say thatchy ran off of my front deck is an understatement. LOL. Too bad, because as a Christian, I was more than ready to debate their beliefs. Oh well.

Don

This post was edited

While I try and be respectful to have at least a towel and/or robe by the door just to be somewhat respectful, though I am sure they have seen worse stuff, I have answered the door completely nude. It mainly happens when I am expecting a package from heavy metal record labels overseas, for example, and I sometimes have to sign for them. Because I may be on the other side of the house, I have to zoom across the house and don't have the time to fiddle with the towel or robe and answered nude. They don't seem to mind or raise a fuss though, so that is a good thing. But still, I like to still have the towel or robe by the door. When they don't act weird about it, I wonder if they practice nudism of their own.

This post was edited

Yes a few times but only when I know the person or persons and that they are ok with it. I certainly don't want to offend or shock anyone.

This post was edited

Ive not had many opportunities to do so at home, but have answered nude in hotels many times. I also use the door as has been mentioned where Im not immediately exposed but they can see the side of my body and know I am nude.

This post was edited

As a follow up to my post - I have since left this delivery job. On departure I posted on FB a farewell to my colleagues. In that post I made reference to the nude encounters. A handful of other drivers commented of similar experiences. With the exchange of details we worked out they were independent and separate nudists answering their door nude!

This post was edited

Since my last post about this topic, I did have another situation where I purposely answered the door naked.

My wife and I were in our office. The office windows face out to the street and onto the porch. A young man came to the door and rang the doorbell. We didn't answer. He then used the door knocker, we didn't answer. He could apparently see us and rang the doorbell again and used the knocker again. Three times we stated that it wasn't a good time for us. He ignored that.

As he began walking away, he said something smartass about not caring about what goes on in the world. My wife said, "go talk to him, just like that!" So, I got up from my chair, opened the door and asked him, "what did you just say?" He was speechless for a moment and then said, "you're naked!" I said, "yeah, that's why we wouldn't come to the door! Now what did you say to us as you were leaving?" He said, "nevermind, sorry to bother you," and left.

This post was edited