Christian Nudists.

I would like to know. Is it okay to be a nudist and you can still be a Christian.? Please help me.

This topic was edited
RE:Christian Nudists.

It certainly is.
Just be respectful of others and don't flaunt your nudity around anyone who would be offended by it.

This post was edited

I don't adhere to a strict Christian life, choosing to follow a more personal spiritual path in general but also keeping my activities in line with Christ's teachings. The debate over whether nudism/naturism flies in the face of most Christian beliefs is mostly over in our community, a nudist resort that is home to one of only a dozen bare congregations in the United States. Being nude while in church does little more than help strengthen our connection to the Universe.

Don't allow the naysayers any space in whatever debate they might throw out - you are a part of this world and you were not put here wearing anything but maybe some hair in a few places. Clothing is a man-made construct (with help from above in some people's minds). There are many people involved in Christianity who feel that even though God might've given us the goods to create coverings, these are tools for comfort and safety rather than something that should be used all the time.

It is possible that clothing can sometimes assist the sensually weak-minded in avoiding temptation (keeping in mind the alternative school of thought that clothes can add temptation more than help some avoid it). But there is payback because by adorning the body with cloth every day, you are hiding one of the finest things in creation! Who are we to obscure this wonderful thing, this delightful body we are given, this gorgeous gift and finest avenue for showing our love to the person or people around us?

Every body is a work of art and we are not the sculptor. We should never find shame in showing ourselves off - not only in our everyday life but especially inside our places of worship, to acknowledge to whatever or whomever you believe in how much you appreciate and celebrate this flesh. Going to our chapel on Sunday with nothing on makes me feel amazing, and I encourage everyone to get that feeling.

This post was edited

I don't adhere to a strict Christian life, choosing to follow a more personal spiritual path in general but also keeping my activities in line with Christ's teachings. The debate over whether nudism/naturism flies in the face of most Christian beliefs is mostly over in our community, a nudist resort that is home to one of only a dozen bare congregations in the United States. Being nude while in church does little more than help strengthen our connection to the Universe.Don't allow the naysayers any space in whatever debate they might throw out - you are a part of this world and you were not put here wearing anything but maybe some hair in a few places. Clothing is a man-made construct (with help from above in some people's minds). There are many people involved in Christianity who feel that even though God might've given us the goods to create coverings, these are tools for comfort and safety rather than something that should be used all the time.It is possible that clothing can sometimes assist the sensually weak-minded in avoiding temptation (keeping in mind the alternative school of thought that clothes can add temptation more than help some avoid it). But there is payback because by adorning the body with cloth every day, you are hiding one of the finest things in creation! Who are we to obscure this wonderful thing, this delightful body we are given, this gorgeous gift and finest avenue for showing our love to the person or people around us?Every body is a work of art and we are not the sculptor. We should never find shame in showing ourselves off - not only in our everyday life but especially inside of our places of worship, to acknowledge to whatever or whomever you believe in how much you appreciate and celebrate this flesh. Going to our chapel on Sunday with nothing on makes me feel amazing, and I encourage everyone to get that feeling.

Another great response!! Rock on man!!!

This post was edited

I attended a church where some people are ostracized (not publicly) for what they wear. Some people who believe they have the only knowledge of Christ teachings, will try to separate you from his love and acceptance. I submit to you that, that is their problem. You have to develop your own relationship with Christ. Come as you are, naked and unashamed.

This post was edited

The book of Genesis says;

26 Then God said, Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals,[a] and over all the creatures that move along the ground.

27 So God created mankind in his own image,
in the image of God he created them;
male and female he created them.
28 God blessed them and said to them, Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky and over every living creature that moves on the ground.

It never says GOD ever asked Adam and Eve - Have your tried the new spring collection of fig leaves?
Pretty sure GOD was OK with their nudity, nudity doesnt show up in the Ten Commandments either so Im thinking you can be nude and Christian.

This post was edited

The book of Genesis says;26 Then God said, Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals,[a] and over all the creatures that move along the ground.27 So God created mankind in his own image,in the image of God he created them;male and female he created them.28 God blessed them and said to them, Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky and over every living creature that moves on the ground.It never says GOD ever asked Adam and Eve - Have your tried the new spring collection of fig leaves?Pretty sure GOD was OK with their nudity, nudity doesnt show up in the Ten Commandments either so Im thinking you can be nude and Christian.

Very good additions to the discussion in this post. The Ten Commandments do mention coveting thy neighbor's wife, so if coveting includes eyeballing the neighbors as they tan nude from over the fence between your yards, I suppose that's no good...

Maybe the commandment stating, "Thou shalt not be undressed in public" was one of the ones on the third tablet Mel Brooks (as Moses) dropped on the ground in "History of the World - Part 1"? Ten is a nice even number at that.

This post was edited

The book of Genesis says;26 Then God said, Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals,[a] and over all the creatures that move along the ground.27 So God created mankind in his own image,in the image of God he created them;male and female he created them.28 God blessed them and said to them, Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky and over every living creature that moves on the ground.It never says GOD ever asked Adam and Eve - Have your tried the new spring collection of fig leaves?Pretty sure GOD was OK with their nudity, nudity doesnt show up in the Ten Commandments either so Im thinking you can be nude and Christian.Very good additions to the discussion in this post. The Ten Commandments do mention coveting thy neighbor's wife, so if coveting includes eyeballing the neighbors as they tan nude from over the fence between your yards, I suppose that's no good...Maybe the commandment stating, "Thou shalt not be undressed in public" was one of the ones on the third tablet Mel Brooks (as Moses) dropped on the ground in "History of the World - Part 1"? Ten is nice even number at that.

There is a difference between admiring beauty and coveting, which is desiring to have relations with a person.

This post was edited

More important than looking for proof texts is the fundamental message of the New Testament, that we can know ourselves accepted by the grace of God and should therefore treat other people as the same. Being nude together without embarrassment, shame or fear powerfully expresses these important truths.

This post was edited

I have prayed a lot about this and I believe it is the correct way to live unless holy spirit tells me differently. Here is a website that totally summed it up for me. As well as noticing how much less lust has a hold on me since learning about naturism. When girl's dress scantily in summer I used to have a big lust problem short shorts felt like a tease that made me want to see even more. Now i dont think of any body part as more sexy or more forbidden than any other part. now i just see them as a girl, a human no matter what they're wearing.

Nakedandunashamed.org
Should answer some questions.

This post was edited

Being a Christian and a nudist is easy. There isn't anything in the Bible against being nude around others. Our beliefs about clothing are societal and stem from Victorian Era prudishness when it was considered vulgar to even mention that women has arms and legs.
I personally enjoy the freedom to be out in God's creation of nature how He created me...nude.

This post was edited