RE:Spencer Tunick - Brisbane 2024

It seems everyone who applies for Spencer Tunicks 2024 Brisbane photoshoot will be accepted. Theyre still calling for people to apply and are hoping for around 2500 people. Im thinking , if 2500 people (or more) signed a petition to state government requesting legal nude places be allowed in Queensland, it might be the start of this nanny state catching up with the rest of the country.I live in hope.

I m far away living in the Uk, are you saying there are no legal nudist places in Queensland? Ive read otherwise and am looking for some clarity. A Google search does throw up some issues with the councils attitude to nudity back in 2016.

This post was edited

It seems everyone who applies for Spencer Tunicks 2024 Brisbane photoshoot will be accepted. Theyre still calling for people to apply and are hoping for around 2500 people. Im thinking , if 2500 people (or more) signed a petition to state government requesting legal nude places be allowed in Queensland, it might be the start of this nanny state catching up with the rest of the country.I live in hope.

I'm still waiting to be accepted!

This post was edited

Only legal nude places in Queensland are on private property. Nudity within sight of public property is illegal.

This post was edited

Only legal nude places in Queensland are on private property. Nudity within sight of public property is illegal.

Thanks for making that clear.

Im still waiting to hear the name of the private nudist property that is allowing homeless people to live there. Id like to send them an email praising them for making a stand.

This post was edited

That's an over-simplified version of the facts here in Queensland; the fact is one can be naked only on private property where one could reasonably expect not to be seen by someone of the public and/or on public land.

The "reasonably expect not to be seen" is a real key to the laws here. So walking in your backyard in full view of the neighbours is illegal, even though your neighbours property is not 'public property'. Many matters can bear on this too - what were you doing when you were nude? How private is your back yard? So if for example you got soaked in a rain downpour and needed to shed your clothes before coming inside your home and your neighbour has to get a step to see over your fence....you may have a reasonable defence in front of a magistrate.

The places where we go 'legally nude' here in Queensland are therefore well away from public lands and the neighbours. They are also clearly marked well before a wayward traveller can accidentally see a nude person as being clothing optional.

Now how all this pertains to how Spencer Tunick can hold a nude public gathering for any purpose (and this includes the previously held WNBR here in Brisbane) is beyond understanding. The State owned Powerhouse is actually supporting Spencer Tunick, so its obviously had some sort of permit approved by State Government....one can assume...

But it also raises the whole question; if the State can support a nude publicly gathering, and I may add in an extremely public place, then why can the State not support a clothing optional beach ?

This post was edited

So if for example you got soaked in a rain downpour and needed to shed your clothes before coming inside your home and your neighbour has to get a step to see over your fence....you may have a reasonable defence in front of a magistrate. ?

This is correct. I live in a country where sudden down pores are so common that everyone strips off naked before entering buildings. To stop people being offended the government changed the law to say if your skin is wet you are not naked. Also the homeless are exempt from wearing clothes which is why so many choose it as a lifestyle choice.

All true.

This post was edited

I havent been to a Tunick event in QLD. Was the Powerhouse event somehow screened off from public view? Dont see how theyll screen off the next event.

This post was edited

It seems everyone who applies for Spencer Tunicks 2024 Brisbane photoshoot will be accepted.

I know a woman who is a nudist in the U.S. who applied to be a part of a Tunick installation but was not accepted.

This post was edited