Overwhelming reason to choose to not have animal products

I don't understand any of those who think there are good reasons to not be vegan. When I learned of the issues, which involve resources being used, and what is done to animals in the industries using them, all of them, and that there is more contribution with emissions from it to global warming and climate changes, I saw no reasons that were better to not be vegan. And later on I saw the healthiest way to eat was with whole foods all from plants.

This topic was edited
RE:Overwhelming reason to choose to not have animal products

A woman who lives nearby and attends our church has been vegan for some 30 years she says, she's 71 and her health is starting to fail from what I perceive to be malnutrition. Her sight is going bad, hearing getting weak, loosing weight gradually and can't gain. Now I can't say she be any better off eating animal products, maybe a little better with the nutrition that healthy eggs would provide. (not so much the high volumn mass production egg houses) But the real issue is our food production system in general is getting so depressed in nutrition it's terrible. Causing diseases in general and health break down far sooner than we need to be suffering. I will try to help her out as much as I can by working on what I've been working on anyway, setting up for nutrient dense fertility produce growing. She needs some really rich nutrition fresh foods, packed with minerals and vitamins and enzymes a lot denser than we're normally getting. We all need that but as we get older we need it worse.

This post was edited

Of course the right vitamin supplements are needed, all should be getting those.

This post was edited

I have a friend in her 70s who subsists off of raw milk (unpasteurized) and raw free range organic eggs. She's a cancer survivor and has a lot of energy and looks extermely healthy. In addition I have a neice in law who gave up being vegan in her early 20s after five years. She was starting to get some health issues her doctor said could be caused by her vegan dietary deficiencies, which was also very expensive to maintain. When I see prices for things like cashew butter at Whole Foods and the wide variety of vegan junk food that's just as industrialized highly processed as other junk food, it makes me believe that vegan food has its merits but isn't the answer. However, I'm keen on developing vegan recipes for myself which capitalize on the best which the foods have to offer. For example, I love black bean burgers that taste like black beans and other whole ingredients, but don't give me a bleeding pea protein burger patty made by a food lab and tell me it's as good as ground beef.

This post was edited

I am all for having whole food, when it is food from plants this is the healthiest way to eat. I mean it has enough showing that cancers, heart attacks and strokes, or other serious issues are avoided or helped against when already occurring with this. So I go with this while making sure I have vitamins that are still needed, while this is something that now everyone has to do, if they will not neglect their health, and it is better than taking medication because doing all that for health was not being done. There are problematic side effects from medications. Processed stuff is not so good for health.

This post was edited