RE:Nudist lifestyle village - where are you?

[quote}
Ive heard some of the other landed clubs offer long term pitches. But again, its not really practical in the winter.

NOt in the UK, but would be in Spain, the southern part of the US, and other warm weather areas.

This post was edited

[quote}Ive heard some of the other landed clubs offer long term pitches. But again, its not really practical in the winter.NOt in the UK, but would be in Spain, the southern part of the US, and other warm weather areas.

Which is why I mentioned Lanzarote.

This post was edited

I think there are nudist neighborhoods in Pasco County, Florida. The Discovery Channel had a series on them called "Buying Naked" with a lady realtor who specialized in nudist communities.

This post was edited

This is something Ive only just recently thought about- I think the trick is a development where the houses surround or are attached to a nudie venue- from the street theyre the same as any other- so you can have clothed people visit, but when you open the back gate you have access to a nude area, with all the usual things- pool area/ social hub/campground/short term accommodation/ privately owned cabins etc

This post was edited
yes we live nude

Yes, here in Pasco county Florida we have several nude living opportunities. Paradise Lakes, Lake Como, and Caliente are three of the communities that are nude living. They are all within 20 miles of my home. Lots of naked people live around here.
and some of the communities are naked in the back yard, clothed in the front...the back yards join into a private clubhouse that is clothing optional. Pasco county Florida, the nude capital of USA

This post was edited

This is something Ive only just recently thought about- I think the trick is a development where the houses surround or are attached to a nudie venue- from the street theyre the same as any other- so you can have clothed people visit, but when you open the back gate you have access to a nude area, with all the usual things- pool area/ social hub/campground/short term accommodation/ privately owned cabins etc

I totally agree with this kind of model. The only issue is whether it limits the overall number of homes and also if you wanted to include and apartment block it would be a little more complex. Either way it's all worth exploring.

I think ideally a cafe and restaurant and a small scale cinema would be ideal to include with a pool and tennis court. But the one core thing I'd like to see is a gallery and centre for art (personal preference thing I guess).

Ideally located somewhere the weather is mostly conducive to nude life ...sunshine coast?

This post was edited

Interesting point on living a nude life, in Charco De Palo, the naturist village we try to be naked for as much of your holiday as we can. For Northern Europeans (the bulk of the visitors) is usually warm enough for this to be practical.

We have spoken to a number of full time residents who moved to Charco from further north and they have become so acclimatise to the warmer days that they have to wear clothes much more often than they would like.

This post was edited

One can mostly live nude in Vera Playa, Spain. Rented a small apartment there for five days last spring and I only had to put clothes on to go to the main grocery store where nudity is not allowed (sarong is ok). All the beach bars and some shops and restaurants are clothing optional.

This post was edited

I love your idea of a nudist retirement village, and am surprised no one has thought about starting one. I would guess there are nudists who live in retirement villages who wish they could venture out of their unit nude and socialize with other like minded people.

This post was edited

I think that retirees make up s significant percentage of the full time residents of clothing optional communities.

This post was edited