Update on trail question

Is Sycamore still a safe place for a nude hike? Sheriffs still ticketing?

This topic was edited
RE:Update on trail question

Always use your better judgement when out hiking nude. Most clothed hikers really don't care, just cover up or turn away from them if you encounter them. Stay away from families and clothed campers. This is what happened the day the Sherriff showed up out there. Some idiot kept walking around a few clothed campers and kept coming back. I was there before any of them showed up and started ticketing people. It is not a patrolled area. They will come out only if there is a complaint. Enjoy the area, be mindful and respectful of others.

This post was edited

Thank you. I have avoided going, good to know not patrolled regularly.

This post was edited

It only takes a couple more times and they will lock the gate.

Few years back they did it for fire reasons, but it wasnt fire season. I have been out there and was on top of the hill around May. I saw a Ranger driving up and I shouted to the guys and they looked like roaches running for cover. But they should think more when out there !

This post was edited

It is not a patrolled area. They will come out only if there is a complaint.

That is not accurate. The Forest Rangers are patrolling regularly they also have employed drones to look at all the trails and have been for over a year now. The Sheriff's office is only coming out based on complaints. The signs are posted all over the parking lot the fine is 500.00 1st offense plus court costs. so it is not worth the risk of having a criminal record.

This post was edited

I hadn't noticed any signs when I was there. It is always good to use your judgement and be respectful of others.

This post was edited