Several hikes recently along the AT in eastern VT.

Have gone up to the West Hartford - Pomfret VT area several times recently and free hiked different portions of the AT which runs through there on its way toward / from the NH border. Some of these hikes are pure forest rambles but several of them also include beautiful open meadow sections with sunshine and lovely views. Havent run into too many other hikers, probably because the AT is more of a thruway than a loop or actual destination hike, but the occasional encounters with textiles havent been problematic. For those living closer to Boston, Id recommend this general area as the easiest in VT to reach by car - it takes me about 2 hours to drive to West Hartford or Pomfret from where I live about 25 miles north of Boston. The AllTrails app is useful to isolate all the different portions of the AT as it runs through this area. Ive been doing day trips and hiking 2-2.5 miles along the trail each time, making for 4-5 mile totals each time I go.

This topic was edited
RE:Several hikes recently along the AT in eastern VT.

Agreed, this is a great area to hike and, in Vermont, the laws accept freehiking and the people are also accepting. Thanks for sharing these pictures of one of my favorite areas to hike.

This post was edited

Looks beautiful! I went with a small group to Peru, VT, this past summer it was a beautiful. Loop up over hill around lake and back! Near Manchester VT, im going to look up this srea as well thanks for info and pics!

This post was edited

awesome. Looking forward to some groups next spring/summer

This post was edited

I live really close , about 20 mins to Woodstock, let me know when your going to be in the area, and maybe I could tag along
Bruce

This post was edited