Hot Spring Etiquette

The wife and I enjoyed hiking back to and soaking in Fifth Water Hot Springs in Utah when we were on another trip. When we arrived to the spring there were nude and people in swimsuits. We were nude but did not join the ones who were clothed in the particular hole they were in but went over to another area so as not to offend. What are your thoughts or experiences?

This topic was edited
RE:Hot Spring Etiquette

Always go nude otherwise what's the point!

This post was edited

Yeah about the same.
Dont want to offend anyone. But also want to enjoy the experience with out drama. After a while I might join the textiles and explain to them its so much better without a swimming suit

This post was edited

At remote, undeveloped hot springs that are traditionally CO, I generally remove my clothes at the vehicle. It tends to increase the comfort level of those already in the springs who are nude and has the added benefit of scaring off any textiles who pull into the parking lot behind us. Plus, I cant stand putting on clothing next to the spring while my skin is still damp.

This post was edited

I hiked in to Fifth Water once years ago with a friend who was all excited to introduce me to it. And then I think I shocked him by stripping off! It was the mid-90s and he was wearing long board shorts. lol

This post was edited

My take on this is that the hot springs is a well known, or even better, a posted CO location, then people who are offended by nudity shouldn't be there. One location I visit in Colorado is clearly a naturist location. You can't get in without knowing that. However, I have still seen reviews by people freaked out at seeing people walking around naked there. The nice thing about that is for a change, if some textile is bothered by my nudity, it's their problem, not mine. It took a couple of visits for me to realize that and to not shy away from clothed people. Now that said, I personally have never encountered any clothed people there who appeared bother by the naked people they encounter. It seems if you are at ease and natural with it, they are more likely also be comfortable.

This post was edited