Vasectomy!

I know maybe slightly off topic but it's the right body part and we are all oepn enough to talk about it. Who's had thier balls snipped? I'm due to have mine done in the next couple of months. How have people found the procedure? The recovery? Pain after? I've heard some guys have painful ejaculations afterwards. Anything I need to be aware of?

Thanks!

This topic was edited
RE:Vasectomy!

I've heard everyones experience is different pain wise. I've had family members go through it and for what its worth their advice is its not worth it.

This post was edited

Yes years ago found it somewhat reduced my output but sex was so much better.

This post was edited

Funny how little this is talked about.
First off, schedule the procedure with a Urologist. Almost every time I've heard of someone having issues it's been because they had it done by a general practitioner. (Either that or guys trying to do too much too soon afterwards.) It's what a Urologist does day in, day out. Let them handle to procedure. During the procedure they should fold the tubes as well as tie them off - this prevents the tubes from accidentally growing back together. The incisions are pretty tiny with just a couple stitches to close them up.

One advice a buddy gave me, and I pass it along to my buddies is, if you don't already, start shaving your balls now. They will shave you for the procedure and you don't want to deal with that first-time itchy grow back when you have the sutures. Start shaving now and you'll be used to it by the time they do the snip with no itch.

All of our bodies are going to react differently, but personally, I had no issues and found it to be an easy procedure. Make sure you take a few days off and ice (bag of frozen peas) often. Follow doctor's orders and just allow yourself time to heal; keep activity down to minimal for the first couple days. At first my ejaculate was more watery but sensations were the same. If I remember correctly there was a little blood the first few times but cleared up in a day/two and the consistency did thicken up over time as well. My wife used to joke that it's like Miller Lite - tastes great, less filling LOL. Make sure you do the follow up tests before going to town to make sure everything is in the clear. Sex/orgasms have been great and having spontaneity is a plus!

Never regretted doing it. Two kids was enough for us.

This post was edited

I had it done many years ago and have no regrets.

This post was edited

I've had it done and didn't listen to rest afterwards. I got an infection and paid the price of pain. Get it done. GOOD. Work afterwards. NO.

This post was edited

I had it done, and ever since wished I hadnt. I am one of the unfortunate ones whose body reacted to the sperm. Once cut the sperm is absorbed into the body, can get into the bloodstream and cause an allergic reaction, form
antibodies to attack the sperm the body thinks is an invader.I developed a large painful granuloma,. About 6 years of pain before it went away. Other illnesses have followed, Drs say no link but always at back of mind. I was not informed of any side affects, if I had known I would not have had it done. Sex wise no difference. The establishment wants men to have it for population control, funny how waiting list is so short. My doctor couldnt get me in there quick enough.

This post was edited

I had mine done about 38 years ago and I was surprised how little pain I had afterwards as I expected it to be bad. It had no impact on my sex drive at all. I heard someone once saying "you only take the kid's out the play park, the park is still there" and that sounded like the correct description to me

This post was edited

I had mine done more than 10 years ago. My Urologist was fantastic. He didn't even use needles for the local anesthesia. He used what can be best described as a "hypo-spray' gun like in Star Trek. (Felt like a rubber band snap on my sack and then nothing.) Procedure took less than an hour with only 1 small incision. (No stiches) My tubes were snipped and then cauterized and off I went. I was tender for a couple days but still got on with my daily routine. I'm glad I did it. Wish I had done it in my 20s! LOL

This post was edited

Hello had mine done forty years ago it did not hurt ,, and he gave me a sac hold to take the weight off them healed ok ,, and work as it was suppose to ,, no more children ,, life was still good for years but now maybe age or life but does not work as well ,,, Ray

This post was edited

I had mine done about 24 years ago, while I was in the military. Everything went perfect! However, they used a lazer to cotterize the tubing instead of stitching. The lazer emits a "beeeeeep" sound before it shoots! That was the most painful thing I have ever felt in my life! I had to hear that (and feel it) twice. I just braced myself for the second beep, but it didn't help. I'll never forget that sound! I was in a neckbrace for 6 months when I got the procedure done and I told the doctor that it hurt more than my neck injury ever did. I actually had two different doctors cut and lazer me. They each did one testicle. I followed all their instructions and everything was fine for me. Although, the first time I ejaculated (6 weeks later) it felt like I had air in the pipes (kind of cool though).

This post was edited