BnB 2024

Just back from the 24 cruise ! It was a wonderful trip, mostly good weather, lots of naked time . Feeling very stuffy wearing clothes again :(.

This topic was edited
RE:BnB 2024

We had a great time as well. Others were complaining about the food, but we just said Carnival has never been a gourmet line. It gave us the excuse to stay nude and eat up on the Lido deck. The six or so hours we were in Costa Maya were the only ones I got dressed for. Other than that a towel wrap and tee shirt were enough to get off the ship in Mahogany Bay and even in Cozumel where we headed straight out to Passion Island. The towel wrap even worked in the Main Dining Room on two nights. We thought about getting dressed and heading into Cozumel after our shore excursion, but instead just stayed on the ship.

The only downer was the Bare Necessities staffer who yelled at me for being nude onboard at Mahogany Bay... minutes before the cruise director announced we could stay nude onboard while in port, which matched what was printed in the Fun Times we had in our cabin. If you are going to guess at the current state of the dress code, at least be polite when telling someone to cover up.

This post was edited

Just back from the 24 cruise ! It was a wonderful trip, mostly good weather, lots of naked time . Feeling very stuffy wearing clothes again :(.

How often did you wear anything during the cruise?
How much clothing did you bring?

This post was edited

We had a great time as well. Others were complaining about the food, but we just said Carnival has never been a gourmet line. It gave us the excuse to stay nude and eat up on the Lido deck. The six or so hours we were in Costa Maya were the only ones I got dressed for. Other than that a towel wrap and tee shirt were enough to get off the ship in Mahogany Bay and even in Cozumel where we headed straight out to Passion Island. The towel wrap even worked in the Main Dining Room on two nights. We thought about getting dressed and heading into Cozumel after our shore excursion, but instead just stayed on the ship.The only downer was the Bare Necessities staffer who yelled at me for being nude onboard at Mahogany Bay... minutes before the cruise director announced we could stay nude onboard while in port, which matched what was printed in the Fun Times we had in our cabin. If you are going to guess at the current state of the dress code, at least be polite when telling someone to cover up.

How much clothing did you bring?
I had a similar experience on a (clothed) Norwegian cruise. The dress requirements said men must wear shirts with sleeves in the main dining room after 5 PM. I went to breakfast around 9 AM wearing a sleeveless shirt. After we were seated, the waiter told me that sleeveless shirts were not allowed in the main dining room. I politely said that the dress code said after 5 PM.

This post was edited

In reading the dress requirements nothing said that men have to wear shirts in the main dining room. We're any men there shirtless?
Did either of you try the water slides? I have found that the smaller the swimsuit I wear, the more fun it is. The logical extension would be that wearing nothing would be best of all.

This post was edited

This was our first nude cruise after being nudists for over 35 years. It was a lot of fun being nude on the ship, socializing with other nudists from around the nation, and at the island of Roatan. The nude beach was wonderful there and well worth the excursion cost. The Carnival staff were also very helpful and made the trip enjoyable.

Unfortunately we were not able to play nude pickleball in the ports and there was too much wind while at sea. But the clinics and instruction were very helpful and gave new ideas on playing the game.

Yes, the food left a lot to be desired and was minimal at best. We were sick to our stomach over the stuffed mushrooms one night as were a few others. Didn't mind the older ship and furnishings because it was a great atmosphere meeting other nudists. And the bed was so comfortable.

Bare Necessities did a good job at promoting and organizing the cruise. Quite a monumental task! When you start limiting the places you can be nude it brings into question why? Being told to dress for dinner on a nude cruise, cover up in the buffet line - little restrictions that keep limiting your freedom to be nude. But the most unsettling was the "Bare Necessities volunteer staff" acting like the Brown Shirts of Nazi Germany policing nudism of the guests. You pay a high premium to go on a cruise to be NUDE with other nudists and not vilified by the very people who sell the cruise. 4 out of 7 days on a nude cruise that you can be nude, is barely a 50+% nude cruise and not a 100% nude cruise. We will certainly evaluate any future participation before spending such a high premium.

Society is so accepting of all other persuasions, desires, identifications, lifestyles, etc but nudity is absolutely terrifying and vilified. One could take it personally but one could view it as a rejection of FREEDOM. Freedom to chose when you are going to wear clothes or not. Freedom terrifies people, not nudism, because with embracing freedom comes taking responsibility and most do not want to do so.

In our experience we have found nudists to be intelligent freedom seekers that do not follow the herd and are a delight to socialize with and develop friendships. Sure wish the cruise lines could adopt that accepting attitude towards nudists.

This post was edited

In reading the dress requirements nothing said that men have to wear shirts in the main dining room. We're any men there shirtless?Did either of you try the water slides? I have found that the smaller the swimsuit I wear, the more fun it is. The logical extension would be that wearing nothing would be best of all.

I was going to on the last sea day, but the sun went in after lunch and it got chilly. But I have used them on other nude cruises and found out you go a lot faster when nude! We only went to the main dining room for three dinners and two breakfasts and didn't see anyone shirtless. All other meals were by the pool or in the Lido buffet and all were nude. I wrapped a towel around me at the food stations and then took it off to sit on once I had my food.

This post was edited

This was our first nude cruise after being nudists for over 35 years. It was a lot of fun being nude on the ship, socializing with other nudists from around the nation, and at the island of Roatan. The nude beach was wonderful there and well worth the excursion cost. The Carnival staff were also very helpful and made the trip enjoyable.Unfortunately we were not able to play nude pickleball in the ports and there was too much wind while at sea. But the clinics and instruction were very helpful and gave new ideas on playing the game.Yes, the food left a lot to be desired and was minimal at best. We were sick to our stomach over the stuffed mushrooms one night as were a few others. Didn't mind the older ship and furnishings because it was a great atmosphere meeting other nudists. And the bed was so comfortable.
Just looking at mushrooms makes me sick to my stomach, so I fortunately never tried them! We knew going in that Carnival isn't a gourmet line, so we took advantage of nude dining up on the Lido deck for most of the cruise. I don't feel like we missed out on great food by skipping the MDR.
Bare Necessities did a good job at promoting and organizing the cruise. Quite a monumental task! When you start limiting the places you can be nude it brings into question why? Being told to dress for dinner on a nude cruise, cover up in the buffet line - little restrictions that keep limiting your freedom to be nude. But the most unsettling was the "Bare Necessities volunteer staff" acting like the Brown Shirts of Nazi Germany policing nudism of the guests. You pay a high premium to go on a cruise to be NUDE with other nudists and not vilified by the very people who sell the cruise. 4 out of 7 days on a nude cruise that you can be nude, is barely a 50+% nude cruise and not a 100% nude cruise. We will certainly evaluate any future participation before spending such a high premium.
Other than the time we were off the ship in Costa Maya I was either completely nude or at most wearing a towel wrap (with a tee shirt when off ship). I think I had about 8 hours clothed on the entire cruise, with maybe another 8 walking through the port areas in Mahogany Bay/Cozumel and in the main dining room for three dinners.
Society is so accepting of all other persuasions, desires, identifications, lifestyles, etc but nudity is absolutely terrifying and vilified. One could take it personally but one could view it as a rejection of FREEDOM. Freedom to chose when you are going to wear clothes or not. Freedom terrifies people, not nudism, because with embracing freedom comes taking responsibility and most do not want to do so.In our experience we have found nudists to be intelligent freedom seekers that do not follow the herd and are a delight to socialize with and develop friendships. Sure wish the cruise lines could adopt that accepting attitude towards nudists.

This post was edited

We goind that we very much enjoy all the activities on board. The shops are fun and the comedy club is great. The evening shows. So much to do! Great cruise!

This post was edited

This was my first time on BNB but 17th cruise with carnival, but I enjoyed the experience of being able to be nude. I knew how the MDR would be so I either did lido, sushi, or steakhouse for dinner. Tried to be as nude as possible, but the last day was definitely too chilly for me on the boat, so I stayed mainly clothed. I noticed a lot of staffers around, but they weren't as social as I was expecting they would be. I think I was expecting them to branch out and meet the guests, especially solo ones, whenever they saw them out and about. There was a couple friendly staff, especially the hilarious one from Denmark, but I mainly just saw them enforcing rules. But overall fun experience. Passion Island and the beach at Mahogany Bay were awesome! If they do another 7 day, I would check it out if it fit in my schedule.

This post was edited

Wow fun remembering the cruise we went on in 2020.
It was our first cruise ever. The weather was chilly but we managed it well. We didnt get off the ship except for a trip into Honduras. Went with a couple from the ship that we had just met on the cruise. Yes the dinner was amazing at sunset. We ate at the lido deck and we loved the food. Pizza was great and the waitresss were so friendly and fun. We did the theater activities every night and the waiting staff were very helpful and friendly. Never put clothes on, accept for the dining room dinner. But getting into the buffet line we were nude. Because we left our towels on the chairs at the table.
But as for the Bare Necessities staff, never had a problem. I even wore my c-rings all the time. But heard that they were not allowed. Lol
As for the other nudists on the ship ! Laughing and laughing all the time ! Nudists are the best people ever ! But we never had a deck chair till we got into port. Every one left the ship for port. Which allowed us to enjoy the deck chairs in the area that people could not see us naked.
The problem with the carnival line was, closing the hot tubs at night. There was a few of us that stayed up late at night. You know 10:00pm ! Lol

This post was edited